Tag: tax tip

IRS Tax Tip: Five Tips If Your Name Has Changed

WASHINGTON, D.C. — If you were married or divorced and changed your name last year, be sure to notify the Social Security Administration before you file your taxes with the IRS. If the name on your tax return doesn’t match SSA records, the IRS will flag it as an error and that may delay your refund.