COLUMBIA, S.C. — Army Pvt. Glen Basurto, son of Ana Padilla of Elizabeth, has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, S.C.
NEW BRUNSWICK — Middlesex County Clerk Elaine M. Flynn announced that the county will host a seminar to teach subscribers how to use the county’s new electronic system for filing and tracking deeds and titles.
NEW BRUNSWICK — A 51-year-old man has been convicted for sexually assaulting two young girls on numerous occasions during separate incidents while he lived in the Somerset section of Franklin Township and North Brunswick, Middlesex County Prosecutor Bruce J. Kaplan announced today.
MORRIS TOWNSHIP — Commissioner Harold J. Wirths of New Jersey’s Department of Labor and Workforce Development delivered the keynote address at the United Way 2011 Public Officials Forum this week, announcing a new initiative to help job-seekers find careers in New Jersey’s most promising industries.
NEWARK – On Thursday, May 26, the Newark Bears will present the first annual “Let’s Move! Newark Day” as part of Opening Day festivities at Bears and Eagles Riverfront Stadium.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Department of Education announced today that New Jersey and eight other finalist states that did not win grants in the first two rounds of the Race to the Top program will be eligible to compete for $200 million in additional funds this year.
NEWARK – During its most recent reported fiscal year, only 10 percent of the money spent by the Garden State Law Enforcement Officers Foundation, a New Jersey registered charity based in Tennent, funded charitable programs. The remaining 90 percent was spent on fundraising, management, and general costs, according to information the charity reported to the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.
STATE – Tonight’s Powerball jackpot is worth $144 million, or $74.7 million if the winner opts for a lump sum cash payout.
RAHWAY–The robot takeover has arrived. Ok, so maybe Rahway High School’s Robotics Team hasn’t exactly built the Terminator, but “Reptar” is still pretty impressive.