The Carteret Free Public Library will offer all library card holders, in good standing, the opportunity to borrow passes purchased by the borough, to museums in and around the state.
The availability of the passes will be on a first come, first serve basis.
“The program is a natural extension of the library’s mission and will provide the opportunity for residents to experience art, history and science,” said Mayor Daniel Reiman. “One of the benefits of living in Carteret is our access to major cities and the cultural attractions that surround them. We wanted to ensure access was available to all our residents.”
The program is launching with the eight museums and attractions listed below for this season and may grow or change contingent on demand.
- Museum of Early Trades & Crafts, Madison, NJ (2 Passes)
- The Grounds for Sculpture, Hamilton, NJ (2 Passes)
- Montclair Art Museum, Monctlair, NJ (2 Passes)
- Newark Museum, Newark, New Jersey (2 Passes)
- The Battleship New Jersey, Camden, NJ (1 Pass)
- The Guggenheim, New York, NY (1 Pass)
- The American Museum of Natural History, New York City, NY (limited supply of passes)
- Liberty Science Center, Jersey City, New Jersey ($3 discount on admission)
The card holders will have to sign an agreement that outlines their responsibilities to secure the passes.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!