Linden to unite for carbon monoxide victims

Two Linden Elementary School No. 4 students suffered carbon monoxide poisoning at their Passaic Avenue home .

Oshiobugie Asekomhe, a 9-year-old boy, died and his sister, Emike Asekomhe, 10, remains hospitalized in critical condition, after both children were exposed to the deadly gas in their bedroom, where they were found Tuesday at 7:30 a.m. by their mother, Sepiatu Abu.

The mother may also have been exposed to the poison, but she has stayed at her daughter’s side in the hospital.

Mayor Derek Armstead and 8th Ward Councilwoman Michele Yamakaitis are organizing a candelight vigil that will be held Saturday, May 7 at 7:30 p.m. in Dorothy Ford Park on Chandler Avenue.

“Join the Campaign To Save Lives by stopping whatever you are doing right now and check to see if the carbon monoxide detectors/fire alarms in your home are working properly,” said Armstead. “Make a personal Commitment to call 10 people and remind them to do the same thing. Without a working alarm, it is impossible to detect carbon monoxide.”


Connect with NJTODAY.NET


Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!
Email ads@njtoday.net for advertising information Send stuff to NJTODAY.NET Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter Download this week's issue of NJTODAY.NET
Print Friendly, PDF & Email