CARTERET – A fire destroyed a house early this morning in Carteret after it broke out at a home on Frederick Street around 5:30 a.m.
Firefighters from Woodbridge assisted in containing the fire after a man walking his dog alerted the sleeping residents inside that he saw smoke and flames coming from the roof of the home.
“My son came over and grabbed one of them out of the window and I opened the door, got them to unlock the door,” said David Mendoza. “We asked where the parents were, they said they were working so nobody else was in the house.”
Two men and a family dog were rescued and no injuries have been reported. It is unclear how the fire started.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!