SPRINGFIELD — The Great Books group of the Springfield Free Public Library will resume its meetings, beginning at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 16, with a discussion of “The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire,” by Edward Gibbon.
The schedule for the remainder of the season is as follows:
- The Book of Job (Bible) on Feb. 20;
- Utilitarianism, by John Stuart Mill on March 20;
- Caesar and Cleopatra, by George Bernard Shaw on April 17;
- The City of God, by St. Augustine on May 16;
- Symposium, by Plato on June 19.
Participation in the Great Books Discussion Group is free and open to all members of the general public from all communities regardless of age or education level. Copies of the three volume set of readings that also includes a reader aid are available for purchase at the Springfield Free Public Library.
The Springfield Free Public Library is located at 66 Mountain Avenue, Springfield. For additional information, call 973-376-4930.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!