- Clark Township’s 10th annual winter festival, featuring the township’s tree and menorah lighting, will be held outside the Municipal Building on Sunday, Dec. 1 from 3-6 p.m.
- The Edison Township Menorah Lighting & Hanukkah Celebration will be held at the Jewish Community Center of Middlesex County, 1775 Oak Tree Rd., Edison on Monday, Dec. 2 at 7 p.m. The Avi Maza orchestra will provide entertainment, and there will be crafts and light refreshments for all. Free admission, but nonperishable food items (no meat items) will be collected for the JFVS Food Pantry. For more information, call 732-494-3232.
Friday, Nov. 29
- Participating New Providence shopkeepers will welcome everyone for the 2013 Annual Christmas Walk at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 29 with treats, activities and refreshments. Santa Claus will arrive at Provident Bank on South Street at 6 p.m., and the Presbyterian Church will have a Live Nativity at 6:30 p.m. There will be carolers and kids’ activities at the event, sponsored by New Providence Business.
- Cranford’s holiday tree lighting and Santa’s arrival are scheduled to take place at The Gazebo at 6 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 29. For more information, call 908-272-6114 or visit www.cranford.com/chamber.
- Rahway’s annual holiday tree lighting will be held at City Hall on Friday, Nov. 29 at 7 p.m. Santa Claus will be on hand to greet families, and the Rahway High School Band and Chorus will provide entertainment. Afterwards, the Union County Performing Arts Center, 1601 Irving St., will hold a free showing of the 1935 black & white film, “Scrooge” starring Sir Seymour Hicks at 8 p.m. For additional information, call 732-669-3600.
Saturday, Nov. 30
- The Greyhound Friends of New Jersey will hold their 17th annual craft show & pet expo at the Westfield Armory, 500 Rahway Ave., Westfield on Saturday, Nov. 30 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 1, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Vendors will offer a variety of items for people & pets, and Santa Claus will be on hand to pose for photos with leashed pets. Singer/songwriter Carolyn Messina will provide entertainment. For more information, visit www.gfnj.org.
- The Barron Arts Center’s Holiday Model Train Show will be on display from Saturday, Nov. 30 through Sunday, Dec. 29, from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. on weekdays and 2-4 p.m. on weekends. (It will be closed Christmas Day.) Admission is free, but donations are welcome. For more information, call 732-634-0413.
Sunday, Dec. 1
- Woodbridge’s annual Holiday Parade will assemble at Woodbridge High School off of Route 35 and proceed along a parade route ending at the Woodbridge Municipal Building on Sunday, Dec. 1 at 1:30 p.m. For more information, call the Woodbridge Recreation Dept. at 732-596-4048.
- Clark Township’s 10th annual winter festival, featuring the township’s tree and menorah lighting, will be held outside the Municipal Building on Sunday, Dec. 1 from 3-6 p.m. The Clark school choirs and ALJ band will provide entertainments, and there will be horse drawn hay rides and buggy rides, a petting zoo and more. Bring your camera for a picture with Santa Claus. Toy donations for Toys for Tots will be collected.
Monday, Dec. 2
- The Hope Chest Thrift Store, 26 Prospect St., Westfield, will welcome the Christmas season on Monday, Dec. 2 with an array of new and gently used holiday items, toys, seasonal jewelry and clothing. The store is open from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and benefits the Center for Hope Hospice and Palliative Care. For more information, call 908-889-7780 or visit www.centerforhope.com
- Santa Claus will help light the holiday tree at the intersection of Lidgerwood & Washington aves. in Elizabeth on Monday, Dec. 2 at 6 p.m. For more information, call 908-820-4238.
Tuesday, Dec. 3
The annual Elizabeth Avenue Holiday Tree Lighting ceremony will include Santa Claus, caroling and refreshments on Tuesday, Dec. 3 at 5:30 p.m. at Union Square Plaza in Elizabeth. For more information, call 908-965-0660.
Wednesday, Dec. 4
Santa Claus and friends will help with the Historic Midtown Special Improvement District Holiday Tree Lighting at the Midtown Pedestrian Plaza at the Elizabeth Train Station on West Grand Street on Wednesday, Dec. 4, at 5:30 p.m. For more information, call 908-355-9600.
Thursday, Dec. 5
- There will be caroling and fun at the 5th Ward Holiday Tree Lighting ceremony at Woodruff Park, located at the intersection of Jackson Ave. and Mary St. in Elizabeth, on Thursday, Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. Santa Claus will greet families. For more information, call 908-820-4238.
- Santa Claus will visit South Amboy’s Christmas Village at the Transit Plaza on Broadway on Thursday, Dec. 5, at 6:30 p.m. Festivities get under way at 6 p.m. with the city’s annual holiday fire truck parade and tree lighting ceremony. Free hot chocolate, cookies & holiday entertainment. For more information, call 732-316-8212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Colonia Business Community is sponsoring the second annual tree lighting ceremony at Evergreen Center, 400 Inman Ave., Colonia, on Thursday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m. There will be a sing-a-long with the Colonia High School and St. John Vianney school choruses, and Santa Claus will arrive at 7:30 p.m. to help light the tree. There will also be children’s crafts and refreshments. Donations of new, unwrapped toys for Toys for Tots and non-perishable food items for the Woodbridge Food Bank are appreciated. For more information, call 732-587-1520 or 732-382-0273.
- “Holiday Jubilee 2013,” Crossroads Theatre Company’s annual multicultural holiday show for all ages, featuring the music of Motown and holiday favorites, directed by Rick Sordelet, brings diverse cultures and communities together to celebrate holiday traditions with audience participation. The show runs from Dec. 5 through Dec. 15 with performances at 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday; 3 p.m. Sundays; and 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14; Tickets: $40; $20 for children under 12; one child under 12 free with adult admission for onstage seating. Crossroads Theatre Company is located at 7 Livingston Ave., New Brunswick. For more information, call (732) 545-8100 or visit Crossroadstheatrecompany.org
Friday, Dec. 6
Carteret’s annual Holiday Festival is scheduled for Friday, Dec. 6, from 6-10 p.m. at Carteret Park. There will be live holiday music from 6-10 p.m., and the tree lighting ceremony is scheduled for 7 p.m. Santa Claus will be on hand for photos, there will be horse & buggy rides, refreshments, a holiday carousel and more. Non-perishable food donations will be accepted for local food pantries, and dog & cat food will be accepted for the Carteret Animal League. For more information, visit www.carteret.net or call 732-541-3801.
Saturday, Dec. 7
- The Cranford Jaycees will hold their annual Christmas party on Saturday, Dec. 7, at 9:30 a.m. Children will be able to take a free photo with Santa Claus and enjoy face painting and other activities. Families are asked to bring a non-perishable food item for Cranford Family Care. For more information, call 908-847-5231.
- The Woodbridge Recreation Department invites children of all ages to decorate and design their own gingerbread cookie at Parker Press Park, 400 Rahway Ave. on Saturday, Dec. 7, between 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Pre-registration is required for this free event. Download and complete this form from the Woodbridge Township website and return it before Dec. 2.
- The Downtown Merchants Association invites you to take a holiday stroll down Woodbridge’s Main Street on Saturday, Dec. 7, between 1 and 4 p.m. There will be horse-drawn carriage rides, holiday carolers, crafters, vendors, a visit from Santa Claus and more. For more information, call 732-596-4047.
Sunday, Dec. 8
- The Cranford Junior Woman’s Club will hold its 24th annual Home for the Holidays House Tour on Sunday, Dec. 8. Take a self-guided tour of four of the finest homes in Cranford, a historic church and a secret garden all outfitted for the holidays. The Madrigal Choir will entertain. Advance tickets are $25; they are $30 on the day of the tour. Info: http://cranfordjwc.com/housetour.htm
- The 3rd annual Jingle Bell Run 5K will take place at the Outlet Collection | Jersey Gardens in Elizabeth on Sunday, Dec. 8, from 8 a.m. Registration is $35. For more information, visit www.jinglebellrun5K.org
- The Van Wyck Brooks Historic District in Plainfield invites you to “An Old-Fashioned Christmas House Tour” in Plainfield on Sunday, Dec. 8, from noon- 6 p.m. Seen an 1803 Colonial farmhouse, a Queen Anne Victorian, a turn of the century carriage house and more. For more information, visit http://www.vwbhd.org/VWBHD_Website/Xmas_2013_House
- Santa Claus arrives in Fanwood on Sunday, Dec. 8, at the Community House (old train station) on North Ave. Children can take photos with Santa and enter contests, and there will be seasonal music, holiday crafts and refreshments from 3-6 p.m. Mayor Colleen Mahr will light the Fanwood tree at 5 p.m.
- The Sayreville Recreation Department will hold its Winterfest event on Sunday, Dec. 8 from 4-7 p.m. at Kennedy Park. There will be musical entertainment, holiday displays and light refreshments.
- Perth Amboy’s annual Christmas Celebration Parade and Tree Lighting are planned for Sunday, Dec. 8. The parade will begin at 5 p.m. at the corner of Wilson & Smith sts., while the tree lighting will take place at approximately 5:45 p.m. at City Hall Circle. Refreshments and gift bags will be given to children, and Santa Claus will be available for photos. For more information, call 732-826-1690 ext. 4305.
Monday, Dec. 9
Santa Claus will assist at the 5th Ward Tree Lighting Ceremony at the intersection of Catherine and William sts. In Elizabeth on Monday, Dec. 9 at 6 p.m. For more information, call 908-820-4238.
Tuesday, Dec. 10
- Springfield’s annual tree lighting will start at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 10 on Town Hall Lawn and North Trivett Ave. There will be caroling, a holiday hay ride, a petting zoo, edible crafts, pictures with Santa Claus and more. Springfield H.O.P.E. will be collecting new, unwrapped toys and Barnes & Noble gift cards. For more information, call 973-912-2226.
- Elizabeth’s 1st Ward Tree Lighting Ceremony is planned for Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 6 p.m. at Waterfront Field, 175-219 Front St. For more information, call 908-820-4238.
Wednesday, Dec. 11
The Evergreen Senior Center in Colonia is running a bus trip into Manhattan to see the Christmas Spectacular Show at Radio City Hall and the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree on Wednesday, Dec. 11. The bus will leave Colonia at 9 a.m., and the cost is $89 per person. For information, call 732-726-6261 or email email@example.com.
Thursday, Dec. 12
- Girl Scout Troop 42049 and Santa Claus will help out at Elizabeth’s 3rd Ward Tree Lighting Ceremony at the intersection of Summit Rd. & Park Pl. at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 12. Non-perishable food donations will be collected. For more information, call 908-403-6202.
- The Woodbridge Recreation Department’s bus trip to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular will leave the Woodbridge Community Center at 4 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 12. Tickets are $85 per person. For more information, call 732-596-4048
Saturday, Dec. 14
The Plainfield Special Improvement District will offer holiday horse & wagon rides on Saturday, Dec. 14, from noon – 3 p.m. There will be two staging areas: Downtown, at West Front St. near McDonalds, and South Avenue at Plainwood Square Park. Santa Claus will be on hand for the free event.
Sunday, Dec. 15
The Woodbridge Recreation Department invites you to meet Santa Claus at Parker Press Park, 400 Rahway Ave., Woodbridge on Sunday, Dec. 15 from 10-11:30 a.m. Walgreens will give guests a complimentary 4×6 photo. Non-perishable food donations are requested.
Tuesday, Dec. 17
South Amboy residents can take a trolley tour of entries in the city’s Holiday Home Decorating Contest on Tuesday, Dec. 17, starting at 5:30 p.m. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732-316-8212 to reserve your seat.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!