ROSELLE PARK — Roselle Park Library, located at 404 Chestnut Street, offers programs for all ages.
2013 Sixth Annual Adult Summer Reading Program
Registration is still open for the adult summer reading program. Come into the Library to pick up your packet. On the index cards provided, write a review of the book you just read. Place the review in the special box located in the library. Prizes will be awarded on Aug. 26 at the end of summer party. The patron who submitted the most reviews will receive a grand prize.
Special Programs & Events:
- Tuesdays 3-4 p.m.—Read to the Dog. Children can improve their reading skills and confidence by scheduling a private 15-minute reading session with a therapy pets. Signup required.
- Wednesdays 3-4 p.m.—Pre-teen & Teen Camp.
- July 10—Origami with Alice NG.
- July 17—Ugly Doll Fleece Pillow.
- July 31—Duct Tape Crafts. Bring a roll of color duct tape to share if you have one.
- Thursday, July 11, 6 p.m.—Ceramics Workshop, ages 4 & up. Make a beautiful ceramic dinosaur while enjoying dinosaur stories. $2 per child at time of registration. Limited to 25 children.
- Thursday, July 12, 1-2 p.m.—Fancy Nancy Doll (American Girl Type—16-18”) Gala (a Very Fancy Party), ages 5 & up.
- Meet other American Girl Dolls, share your doll’s story, and make matching accessories for yourself and your doll.
- Thursday, July 18, 6:30 p.m.—Healthy Dogs, ages 5 & up.
- Holistic approached in dog training, presented by Tamara Tokash. It’s more than just how your dog is behaving (or not behaving). She will assess the environment, food, vaccines protocols, and more.
- Friday, July 19, 1-2 p.m.—Pirate Day, ages 3 & up. Do you feel like a pirate? Then come to the library for a fun day.
- Mondays, July 22 – August 12, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.—Eye Level Learning Center presents Critical Thinking Challenge, ages 3-9. Math puzzles, games, and prizes.
- Wednesday, July 24, 3:30 p.m.—Portuguese Dance Presentation, ages 4 & up. Introduction to the Portuguese dance traditions followed by the presentation.
- Every Thursday, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.—Math Packets, grades 6-8.
- Every Friday, 11 a.m.-noon—Lego Club.
- Every Friday, 3-3:30 p.m.—Crochet Club, ages 6-13. Bring a J or K crochet hook.
- Every Monday, 3-5 p.m.—Movie @ the Library.
- Every Thursday at 11 a.m.—Free ESL type classes.
- Every Thursday at 12 p.m.—Free Advanced ESL type classes.
- Monday, July 15, 4-5 p.m.—Crochet Club. Not a beginner class; you must know basic crochet stitches. All materials provided. All ages.
- Monday, July 15, 4:30-5:30 p.m.—Knitting Club.
In memory of Edmund R. Drosdick, the library has started an interactive children’s book collection. So far, the collection consists of 20 books, both fiction and nonfiction, for young readers. Each book featuring high resolution illustrations and a read-along option can be accessible on any computer, tablet, or mobile device directly at http://www.mycapstonelibrary.com/html/index.aspx or via library website at www.roselleparklibrary.org.
Visit the library website at www.roselleparklibrary.org or call at 908-245-2456 for the latest updates on library program.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!