STATE — U.S. Rep. Frank Pallone, one of four candidates in the special election Democratic Primary for the unexpired portion of the late U.S. Sen. Frank Lautenberg’s term, has agreed to appear at five debates.
“Congressman Pallone is happy to see his opponents in the Democratic Primary have accepted the challenge to debate in advance of the Aug. 13 Election Day,” the Pallone for Senate campaign said via statement. “With this expedited time frame for voters to choose who would best represent them in the Senate it becomes even more important for all four candidates to debate the issues as much as possible. We are hoping the other candidates will also join us at the other debates we have accepted.”
Pallone has agreed to appear at the following debates:
- July 25 at 7 p.m. – Somerset Run Civics Club – Candidate’s Night
- July 27 at 1 p.m. – WABC/Univision/WPVI/League of Women Voters – Trenton
- July 29 (time and date still to be confirmed) – The Community Relations Committee of the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ
- Aug. 5 at 7:30 p.m. – NJTV LIVE Forum – Montclair State University
- Aug. 8 at 7 p.m. – WBGO Forum
Assembly Speaker Sheila Oliver, U.S. Rep. Rush Holt and Newark Mayor Cory Booker are also seeking the Democratic nomination for the remainder of Lautenberg’s Senate term.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!