WESTFIELD — Westfield Community Players (WCP) will hold auditions next month for its first 2013-14 season production of Neil Simon’s romantic-comedy, “Barefoot in the Park.”
The show was nominated for the 1964 Tony Award for Best Play. It is about Paul and Corie Bratter, who are newlyweds in every sense of the word. He’s a straight-as-an-arrow lawyer and she’s a free spirit always looking for the latest kick. Their new apartment is her most recent find-too expensive with bad plumbing and in need of a paint job. After a six day honeymoon, they get a surprise visit from Corie’s loopy mother and decide to play matchmaker during a dinner with their neighbor-in-the-attic Velasco, where everything that can go wrong, does. Paul just doesn’t understand Corie, as she sees it. He’s too staid, too boring and she just wants him to be a little more spontaneous, running “barefoot in the park” would be a start…
- CORIE BRATTER – a free spirit, newlywed to Paul [stage age: mid-20’s to early 30’s]
- PAUL BRATTER – a lawyer, newlywed to Corie [stage age: mid-20’s to mid-30’s]
- MRS. BANKS – Corie’s mother [stage age: late 40’s – early 50’s]
- VICTOR VELASCO – the neighbor in the attic [stage age: late 50’s – early 60’s]
- TELEPHONE REPAIR MAN – [stage age: mid-30’s to mid-40’s]
- DELIVERY MAN – [stage age: 50’s – early 60’s]
Auditions will be held Monday and Tuesday, July 8 and July 9, at Westfield Community Players, 1000 North Avenue West, Westfield. Those interested should visit http://www.westfieldcommunityplayers.org/WCPauditions.html for more details and pre-audition form.
Rehearsals are scheduled to begin mid-July, and production dates are Oct. 5, 12, 13, 19, 25, 26, 2013.
Barefoot in the Park is being directed by WCP resident play director Steve Lemenille and produced by Kay Macrae.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!