MILWAUKEE, Wisc. – Watching your weight doesn’t have to sentence you to a life of water and diet drinks. You can still keep this summer sweet without a lot of extra sugar and calories. Quench your thirst with these tasty suggestions from TOPS Club, Inc. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), the nonprofit weight-loss support organization.
- Add orange, lemon, or cucumber slices to sparkling water.
- Cut your usual glass of lemonade in half and add sugar-free iced tea.
- Freeze blueberries or raspberries in ice trays with water, and add them to your next summer drink.
- Chill out by mixing seedless watermelon, cranberry juice, and ice cubes in a blender. Serve with a slice of lime.
- Steep a peach tea bag in boiling water, chill, and serve with sliced orange.
- Add a splash of pineapple juice to sparkling water, and garnish with pineapple wedges and fresh mint leaves.
- Make your own iced coffee by adding black coffee to ice, then a splash of skim milk plus a shot of sugar-free vanilla syrup or packet of artificial sweetener.
- Mix one part cranberry or pomegranate juice with two parts club soda, and garnish with fresh raspberries.
- Steep two green tea bags in boiling water. Chill and serve on ice with a tablespoon of honey and a lemon wedge.
- Make a tasty summer “mocktail.” Serve low-sodium tomato juice on ice and mix with a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce and a few dashes of hot sauce (depending on how spicy you want your drink). Add a celery stalk and a couple of green olives if you’d like.
TOPS Club Inc. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is the original weight-loss support and wellness education organization. Founded more than 65 years ago, TOPS is the only nonprofit, noncommercial weight-loss organization of its kind. TOPS promotes successful weight management with a “Real People. Real Weight Loss.®” philosophy that combines support from others at weekly chapter meetings, healthy eating, regular exercise, and wellness information. TOPS has about 150,000 members – male and female, age seven and older – in nearly 9,000 chapters throughout the United States and Canada.
Visitors are welcome to attend their first TOPS meeting free of charge. Membership is affordable at just $28 per year in the U.S. and $32 per year in Canada, plus nominal chapter fees. To find a local chapter, view www.tops.org or call 800-932-8677.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!