EAST RUTHERFORD – State Fair Meadowlands today announced its Special Bargain Discount Days for the 17-day event, to be held June 21 through July 7 at the Meadowlands Fairgrounds, next to the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford.
“We recognize that with the price of gasoline still prohibitively high, families may not have the opportunity to travel far for their summer fun. This year, we are offering special bargains and discounts so our fairgoers can enjoy our rides, food and free entertainment on multiple days,” said Al Dorso, President of State Fair Meadowlands.
This year’s special deals include:
- Admission is FREE any day for children under 34” (ride tickets available for purchase inside fair)
- Parking is FREE Monday thru Wednesday; $1 Opening Night; $4 other days and July 3
- Opening Dollar Preview Night – Friday, June 21. Admission is $2; Rides, games, parking and select food and drinks cost a dollar each.
- Kids Go Free – Tuesday, June 25; Children 12 and younger are admitted Free. Unlimited Ride Hand Stamps are available for $20 – Parking is Free
- Midnight Madness – Friday night, June 28, from 10 pm to 1 am, rides AND admission are $25.00
- Cheap, Cheap Night – Tuesday, July 2; Admission is $4 for adults and children; a combo admission AND ride is ONLY $21 – Parking is Free
- Patron Appreciation Day – Sunday, July 7; Admission & Rides Combo $25 for any patron. Admission Only tickets are available for persons 13 & older – $9; Sr. citizens and children 12 & Younger – $7.
- Rain Insurance – If it rains continuously for more than 30 minutes before 9 p.m., warranting the closure of the majority of rides and entertainment, State Fair will validate ticket stubs that will be good for any other weekday of the Fair (offer not valid for Dollar Preview Night).
In addition, on Saturday, June 22 and Sunday, June 23, visitors to the NBC 4 and New York Giants Health & Fitness Expo, a free event being held inside MetLife Stadium, will get a free hand stamp to enter State Fair between the hours of 11 and 2 pm. The expo runs from 11 am to 6 pm. All Bargain Nights are listed at http://njfair.com/bargain_nights.php.
State Fair Meadowlands is the largest fair in the New York metro area, with over 150 rides and attractions on over 35 acres of fairgrounds. Entertainment is always free with entry ticket, providing fairgoers with all-day access to the Racing Pigs, the Big Cat Encounter, Circus Maximus, Hypnotist Steve Bayner, and more. Acres and acres of delicious food will be on offer, including gyros, sausage and peppers, Hibachi, corn dogs, funnel cakes, turkey legs, blooming onions, candied apples, curly fries, deep-fried Oreos, corn on the cob, ice cream, and more.
This year, Sprint will be sponsoring a special event called NBA Nation Tour, which will offer fairgoers the chance to meet and greet past and present NBA players, try out an agility course and competitive skills challenge. The Tour, which will take place inside the fairgrounds, is free with Fair admission and is scheduled for Friday, June 28, 6 pm to 1 am; Saturday, June 29, 2 pm to 1 am; and Sunday, June 30, 2 pm to 12 am.
Fair hours are Monday through Thursday, 6 pm to midnight; Fridays 6 pm to 1 am; Saturdays 2 pm to 1 am; Sundays 2 pm to midnight. On opening Dollar Preview Night, June 21, the fair is open 4 pm to 1 am. On Thursday, July 4, the fair is open 2 pm to 1 am, and on Friday, July 5 from 2 pm to 1 am.
Parking is free Monday through Wednesday, and $4 Thursdays through Sundays, and July 3rd. Opening night, parking is just $1. The fair will be offering free shuttle buses from/to Secaucus Junction Fridays 6 pm to midnight (excludes Opening Day); Saturdays, 4 pm to midnight; Sundays, from 4 pm to midnight; July 3 from 6 pm to midnight; and July 4, from 4 pm to midnight. Visit www.njfair.com for more information.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!