CLARK – Summer can be a very challenging time for children with Asperger’s Syndrome, High Functioning Autism, ADHD, learning disabilities, anxiety and other conditions who have difficulty participating in typical summer programs or camps because of poor social skills.
Parents, educators and mental health providers are invited to a free 90-minute workshop to learn about best practices for summer social skills training/programming. Attendees will learn: How the summer months can be used to teach and maintain social skills for children with disabilities; best practices to teach and generalize social skills; strategies to help children make and keep friends; and a comprehensive summer social skills program in the area.
The workshop will be offered at 10 locations throughout New Jersey, including one in Clark on March 2, from 10:30- noon at the Holiday Inn, 36 Valley Road, in Clark, just off Exit 135 of the Garden State Parkway.
Other seminars will be offered as follows:
- February 28, 2013 from 7:00-8:30 PM in Flemington at the Hampton Inn, 14B Royal Road.
- March 7, 2013 from 7:00-8:30 PM in Mt. Holly at the Hilton Garden Inn Westampton, 111 Hancock Lane.
- March 11, 2013 from 7:00-8:30 PM in East Hanover at the Ramada Inn, 130 Route 10.
- March 14, 2013 from 7:00-8:30 PM in Hamilton (Mercer County) at the Hilton Garden Inn, 800 US Route 130 South.
- March 18, 2013 from 7:00-8:30 PM in Piscataway at the Radisson Hotel, 21 Kingsbridge Road.
- March 20, 2013 from 7:00- 8:30 PM in Cherry Hill at the Crown Plaza, 2439 Marlton Pike West.
- April 3, 2013 from 7:00-8:30 PM in Turnersville (Blackwood) at the Hampton Inn, 5800 Blackhorse Pike.
- April 4, 2013 from 7:00-8:30 PM in Princeton at the Holiday Inn, 100 Independence Way, off US Route 1.
- April 11, 2013 from 7:00-8:30 PM in Mt. Laurel at the Hampton Inn, 5000 Crawford Place.
Attendees will also learn about HI-STEP (Helping Improve Social Skills Through Evidence-based Practices), a 6-week day program/camp designed to help develop children’s social skills, problem-solving skills and emotional-behavioral skills through group activities, individualized attention, sports and recreational activities, creative arts and academic-related activities. With three locations in New Jersey: Pennington, Scotch Plains, and a new location for 2013, in Marlton (Evesham Twp.), HI-STEP is designed for children with social skills difficulties, many of whom attend the program as part of their Extended School Year programming.
Parents, educators and mental health providers are invited to this free event. Educators can request a certificate documenting 1.5 hours of Professional Development. Space is limited and pre-registration is encouraged.
Contact info@BehaviorTherapyAssociates.com or call 1-732-873-1212 to pre-register. For more information, visit www.BehaviorTherapyAssociates.com. All are welcome.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!