TRENTON — Getting free advice on how to repair or rebuild your home to minimize future disaster damage is as easy as visiting your local home improvement store. Specialists from the Federal Emergency Management Agency will offer their expertise on building techniques that can help protect your home, business or other property.
This free service also offers information and publications on topics such as:
- Ridding a home of mold and mildew.
- Understanding flood- and wind-resistant building methods.
- Knowing the benefits of flood insurance.
- Elevating or anchoring utilities.
FEMA specialists are available daily from Tuesday, Feb. 19, to Friday, Feb. 22, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday, Feb. 23, from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the following home improvement stores:
- Cape May County-Lowe’s, 3171 Route 9, Rio Grande, NJ 08242
- Hudson County-Home Depot, 440 Route 440, Jersey City, NJ 07302
- Monmouth County-Home Depot, 3700 Highway 35, Hazlet, NJ 07730
- Ocean County-Home Depot, 1722 Route 88, Brick, NJ 08724
- Ocean County-Lowe’s, 1375 Hooper Ave., Toms River, NJ 08753
- Ocean County-Lowe’s, 297 Route 72, West Suite 30, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
- Union County-Lowe’s, 1721 Morris Ave., Union, NJ 07083
For additional information on rebuilding stronger, visit fema.gov/SandyNJ and click on “Mitigation Resources.”