TRENTON — Getting free advice on how to repair or rebuild your home to minimize future disaster damage is as easy as visiting your local home improvement store. Specialists from the Federal Emergency Management Agency will offer their expertise on building techniques that can help protect your home, business or other property.
This free service also offers information and publications on topics such as:
- Ridding a home of mold and mildew.
- Understanding flood- and wind-resistant building methods.
- Knowing the benefits of flood insurance.
- Elevating or anchoring utilities.
FEMA specialists are available daily through Friday, Feb. 15, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
and Saturday, Feb. 16, from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the following home improvement stores:
- Atlantic County-Home Depot, 421 Absecon Blvd., Absecon, NJ 08201
- Hudson County-Lowe’s, 400 Bayonne Crossing Way, Bayonne, NJ 07002
- Monmouth County-Lowe’s, 118 Highway 35, Eatontown, NJ 07724
- Monmouth County-Home Depot, 310 Highway 36, West Long Branch, NJ 07764
- Middlesex County-Home Depot, 373 Route 9, Woodbridge, NJ 07095
- Middlesex County-Home Depot, 1090 Route 9, Old Bridge, NJ 08857
- Essex County-Home Depot, 399-443 Springfield Ave., Newark, NJ 07103
For additional information on rebuilding stronger, visit fema.gov/SandyNJ and click on “Mitigation Resources.”
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!