UNION COUNTY — The Arc of Union County is hosting the 49th Annual Candlelight Ball on Saturday, March 23 at L’Affaire in Mountainside. Each year over 200 guests join The Arc to celebrate and honor those who with vision and commitment make a significant difference within the community.
Companies in attendance network and hear heartwarming stories from ‘Arc Families’ who share of their loved one’s achieving goals and overcoming obstacles. Funds raised from the event help to support the valuable programs and services offered to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout Union and surrounding counties.
Candlelight Ball Chair and Vice President of The Arc’s Board of Directors, Judith A. Witterschein announced that during The Arc’s 49th Annual Candlelight Ball four individuals and one corporation will be honored.
- Kimo Lorimor, five-year old resident of Warren and current student at The Arc Kohler School will be recognized as the 2013 Ambassador of Goodwill
- Mady Cannone, resident of Westfield, is an individual who has excelled and performed outstanding service volunteering with The Arc. Cannone will receive the 2013 Volunteer of the Year Award.
- Patrick Ryan, resident of Scotch Plains, will be recognized with the 2013 Florence M. Levine Achievement Award for his personal and social growth.
- Sally Curci, resident of Cranford, is an advocate and a dynamic and tireless fundraiser whose contributions to The Arc have helped to enrich many lives. Curci will receive The Betty McGhee Spirit of The Arc.
- Homewood Suites, located in Cranford, has had a long-standing relationship with The Arc providing rooms for the Weekend in the Community Respite Program and will be recognized with the 2013 Community Corporate Champion Award.
During the evening Candlelight Ball guests will enjoy cocktails, find dining, a silent auction, music and dancing. Tickets are available for purchase online at:
Founded in 1949, The Arc of Union County is a nonprofit organization which serves over 1,000 children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. For more information, visit www.arcunion.org.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!