UNION COUNTY — Ten students from Union County have received scholarships to attend Berkeley College, school President Dario A. Cortes, PhD, announced.
“It is an honor to recognize the academic accomplishments of these high school seniors by awarding them scholarships to attend Berkeley College,” said Dr. Cortes. “As a college that values diversity, fosters academic growth and recognizes the potential of each student, Berkeley College looks forward to welcoming these scholarship recipients to our campuses in the coming year.”
The following students from Union County have received scholarships to attend Berkeley College:
- Aslin Cabrera of Plainfield, Plainfield High School
- David Chapman of Linden, Linden High School
- Allison B. Covenas of Linden, Linden High School
- Janitza Matias of Linden, Linden High School
- Jonathan Mercado of Elizabeth, Alexander Hamilton Preparatory Academy
- Ashly Ortega of Linden, Linden High School
- Indira Perez of Linden, Linden High School
- Veronica Rosado of Elizabeth, Elizabeth High School
- Melanie Sanna of Elizabeth, Pocono Mountain East High School
- Kimberly Ugalde of Elizabeth, Thomas Jefferson Arts Academy
Berkeley College scholarships are awarded annually to high school seniors who demonstrate a high level of achievement in high school. Scholarships are renewable based on the recipient’s cumulative grade point average at the end of each academic year and continued enrollment as a full-time student.