SCOTCH PLAINS — Union Catholic High School has rescheduled its Hall of Fame Induction Dinner for Saturday, March 9, at 7 p.m.
This year’s inductees are as follows:
- The Educator Award is presented to Sister Percylee Hart, RSM. Sister Percylee has served as Principal of Union Catholic High School since September of 1980, the year that the Girls and Boys Schools merged. Sister has been the catalyst for every major advance that the school has made in the past 32 years.
- The Alumni Award is presented to Jim Venezia ’66. Jim is a member of the first graduating class of Union Catholic Boys High School, and returned to UC in September of 1970 to teach and coach. In 1975, he left UC to pursue a career in law enforcement, and upon retirement, Jim returned to Union Catholic in September of 2000, and still teaches and advises at UC today.
- The Athletic Award is presented to Nancy Richardson Saggio ’88. As a player in 1986 under Coach Kathy Matthews, Nancy was a part of the beginning of volleyball at Union Catholic. Today, as Head Coach, Nancy has made the UC volleyball program one of the most successful and well-respected programs in the state.
- The Community Leader Award is presented to Tiffany Wilson ’90. Since being an involved student at Union Catholic, Tiffany has remained an active member of the UC community, sitting on the School Consultative Board, as well as participating in events such as UC’s College and Career Fair. Tiffany serves as an Assistant Prosecutor in Union County and in 2008 was named Board Chair of the then newly-created Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey Council.
- The Parent Award is presented to Bob and Anne Wischusen. Anne and Bob have been involved with the UC community for over 25 years, since their children Bob ’89, Christine ’91, Brian ’93, and Laura ’95 first began attending high school. Both have served on the Union Catholic School Consultative Board.
- A special 50th Anniversary Legacy Award is also being presented this year to the Dominican Sisters of Caldwell and the Marist Brothers. These administrators and faculty members, leading and teaching during UC’s early years, are consistently celebrated by the alumni of both the Girls School and the Boys School, as they have left a lasting impact on the students and families that they served.
All are welcome to attend. Email UC50@unioncatholic.org or call Kristine Mintel at 1-908-889-1600 ext. 351 for more information
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!