TRENTON – Visit your area home improvement store to get free advice on how to repair or rebuild your home to minimize future disaster damage. Specialists from Federal Emergency Management Agency will offer their expertise on building techniques that can help protect your home, business or other property.
This free service also offers information and publications on topics such as:
- Elevating or anchoring utilities.
- Eliminating mold and mildew from your home.
- Using flood- and wind-resistant building methods.
- Understanding flood insurance.
FEMA specialists are available daily from Tuesday, Jan. 22, to Saturday, Jan. 26, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the following home improvement stores:
- Atlantic County –
- Home Depot, 421 E. Absecon Blvd., Absecon, NJ 08201
- Home Depot, 6 Tower Ave., Egg Harbor Township , NJ 08234
- Hudson County –
- Lowe’s, 400 Bayonne Crossing Way, Bayonne, NJ 07002
- Home Depot, 440 Route 440, Jersey City, NJ 07302
- Middlesex County –
- Home Depot, 1090 Route 9 S., Old Bridge, NJ 08857
- Monmouth County –
- Home Depot, 3700 Highway 35, Hazlet, NJ 07730
- Home Depot, 310 Highway 36, West Long Branch, NJ 07764
- Ocean County –
- Lowe’s, 1375 Hooper Ave., Toms River, NJ 08753
- Union County –
- Home Depot , 977 W. Grand St., Elizabeth, NJ 07202
For additional information, visit fema.gov/SandyNJ and click on “Mitigation Resources.”
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!