TRENTON — Specialists from FEMA will offer their expertise on building techniques that can help protect your home, business or other property from future disasters at several home improvement stores this week.
This free service also offers information and publications on topics such as:
- Ridding a home of mold and mildew.
- Understanding flood- and wind-resistant building methods.
- Knowing the benefits of flood insurance.
- Elevating or anchoring utilities.
FEMA specialists are available daily now through Saturday, Jan. 19, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the following home improvement stores:
- Hudson County – Lowe’s, 727 Route 440 N, Jersey City, NJ 07304
- Middlesex County – Home Depot, 373 U.S. 9, Woodbridge Township, NJ 07095
- Middlesex County – Lowe’s, 51 Woodbridge Center Drive, Woodbridge Township, NJ 07095
- Monmouth County – Lowe’s, 118 Highway 35, Eatontown, NJ 08724
- Ocean County – Home Depot, 1722 Route 88, Brick, NJ 08724
- Ocean County – Lowe’s, 520 Route 70, Brick, NJ 08723
- Ocean County – Home Depot, 244 N. Main St., Forked River, NJ 08731
- Ocean County – Lowe’s, 297 Route 72W, Suite 30, Manahawkin, NJ 08050
- Union County – Home Depot , 2445 Springfield Ave., Vauxhall, NJ 07088
For additional information, visit fema.gov/SandyNJ and click on “Mitigation Resources.”
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!