Updating contact information with current address and phone numbers will ensure FEMA can reach an applicant with new information or questions.
Individuals can visit a disaster recovery center for help or talk by phone or 711/VRS to the toll-free FEMA helpline at 1-800-621-3362 (TTY 1-800-462-7585). Either method works to:
Update an application with a change of address or new phone number.
- Ask questions about disaster assistance.
- Track the progress of a FEMA application.
- Get information about the inspection process.
- Advise FEMA of insurance settlements.
- Learn about the steps to appeal a FEMA decision.
- Obtain a Small Business Administration application and get help filling it out.
- Learn rebuilding techniques to make a home stronger.
Anyone who was affected by Hurricane Sandy but has not yet registered with FEMA should do so as soon as possible. In addition to the disaster recovery centers and the FEMA helpline, it is possible to register online at www. DisasterAssistance.gov or by smartphone or tablet at m.FEMA.gov anytime.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!