FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers are open at:
- The Gregorio Center, 330 Helen Street, Linden
- Plainfield Senior Citizens’ Service Center, 400 East Front Street, Plainfield
Disaster Recovery Centers offer hurricane survivors information on:
- FEMA and state disaster assistance programs.
- SBA low-interest disaster loans and how to complete the application.
- Smart building techniques to reduce future damage.
- Flood insurance.
Anyone who was affected by Hurricane Sandy is encouraged to register with FEMA before visiting a DRC. Individuals can apply for assistance and follow up on previous applications by registering online at DisasterAssistance.gov, or by web-enabled mobile device at m.fema.gov. By phone or 711/VRS, call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!