MIDDLESEX COUNTY — The eight YMCAs in Middlesex County have partnered together to offer members access to any of the partnering YMCAs in Middlesex County regardless of where they hold their official membership. (Restrictions may apply and are at the discretion of the participating YMCA branch.)
Participating YMCAs include Metuchen, Edison, Woodbridge, South Amboy, Raritan Bay Area (Perth Amboy), Raritan Valley, South Brunswick Family and Old Bridge YMCA facilities.
This member reciprocity program offers convenience and flexibility to members and demonstrates how membership dollars work harder by extending beyond one’s home YMCA branch.
The YMCA focuses on strengthening the community through programs and services designed to develop youth, promote healthy living and encourage social responsibly. And central to its mission as a non-profit organization, no one is turned away based on their ability to pay.
For more information about the YMCAs of Middlesex County, visit their websites at:
- www.ymcaofmewsa.org (Metuchen, Edison, Woodbridge & South Amboy YMCAs)
- www.rbaymca.org (Raritan Bay Area YMCA, Perth Amboy)
- www.raritanvalleyymca.org (Raritan Valley YMCA)
- www.southbrunswickymca.org (South Brunswick Family YMCA)
- www.ymcanj.org/oldbridge (Old Bridge Branch YMCA)
Here’s a sample of some of the unique programs and services offered at the participating YMCAs:
- Metuchen Branch YMCA (65 High Street, Metuchen) with two pools, offers an extensive aquatics program for adults and youth members along with a state of the art wellness center, preschool and afterschool programs as well as comprehensive programs for seniors.
- Edison Branch YMCA (1775 Oak Tree Road, Edison) is a unique collaboration with the JCC of Middlesex County and has just undergone a 6,000 square foot expansion of its wellness and educational program areas, offering a state of the art fitness experience for members in mid December 2012. In addition, the Edison Y offers a licensed pre-school and afterschool program as well as aquatic instruction to its members.
- Woodbridge Branch YMCA (600 Main Street, Woodbridge) runs a full range of YMCA programs and services in the Woodbridge Community Center. This YMCA branch is a jewel in the town of Woodbridge offering fitness, aquatics, after school care, preschool and summer camp to its members and township residents.
- South Amboy Branch YMCA (200 John T. O’Leary Blvd, South Amboy) is located on the shores of the Raritan Bay in downtown South Amboy, offering a full service YMCA experience for the entire community of South Amboy, Parlin and Sayreville.
- Raritan Bay Area YMCA – Perth Amboy (357 New Brunswick Avenue, Perth Amboy) A Licensed Afterschool Care Provider. GED classes, Youth Sports, Arts, Swim Lessons, a wide variety of fitness equipment and machines, Les Mills Fitness Classes, Cycling classes, spectacular pools, a 200 seat Community Theater, a double gymnasium, an indoor track, steam rooms and saunas are the amenities within the facility. Our vibrant community atmosphere will truly be the highlight of your visit to Perth Amboy.
- Raritan Valley YMCA (144 Tices Lane, East Brunswick) In addition to a full complement of YMCA programs, the Raritan Valley Y offers a great variety of wellness classes. Members can participate in various aerobic classes from the challenging, yet fun, spin classes to popular Zumba, Step, and Body Pump classes. Classes are also available for seniors, including the popular nationwide Silver Sneakers program.
- South Brunswick Family YMCA (329 Culver Road, Monmouth Junction) offers a full facility YMCA and is adding a new class to its Zumba lineup. Zumba Santeo is a fresh look at the classic Zumba dance fitness class by adding a chair into the mix. The chair is meant to take the workout to the next level, but maintains the idea that anyone can partake in Zumba.
- Old Bridge Branch YMCA (1 Mannino Park, Old Bridge) A branch of the YMCA of Western Monmouth County, the state-of-the art Old Bridge YMCA features a full size gymnasium, Olympic-sized pool, an aerobic/wellness studio and modern Health & Wellness Center complete with cardio and strength training equipment. Supplementing these amenities are more than 60 fitness classes, along with aquatic classes, adult and youth sports programs, summer camp, babysitting, a Tween Lounge and many other offerings.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!