Santa Claus will visit Town Hall from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 1. The annual tree lighting and holiday celebration will be from 5-6 p.m. at Memorial Park, across from town hall. Enjoy refreshments, sing carols and watch fireworks.
The annual tree lighting and holiday festival will be held at Carteret Park on Friday, Dec. 7 from 5-10 p.m. Bring your camera for pictures with Santa. Non-perishable food donations will be accepted. Info: 1-732-541-3801
- The Parents’ Guild of Mother Seton Regional High School, 1 Valley Road (GSP Exit 135) will sponsor a Holiday Craft Fair featuring handmade items on Saturday, Dec. 1 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free admission.
- Clark UNICO will sponsor a holiday flea market & craft show at Arthur L. Johnson High School, 365 Westfield Ave. on Saturday, Dec. 22 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Info: 1-201-998-1144
- Cranford United Methodist Church, at Walnut & Lincoln avenues, will hold a holiday shoppe event on Saturday, Dec. 1 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Info: 1-908-276-0936.
- The Celebration Singers will perform a holiday concert at St. Michael’s Church, 40 Alden Street, on Friday, Dec. 7 at 8:15 p.m. Info: 1-908-241-8200.
- The Chamber of Commerce will arrange breakfast with Santa at the Garlic Rose, 28 North Avenue, West, on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 9 a.m. The cost is $10 for children and $15 for adults. Call 1-908-276-5749 for reservations.
- On Dec. 15, from 1-4 p.m., children can take free trolley rides with Santa that leave from the township’s gazebo. For info, call the Chamber of Commerce at 1-908-272-6114.
- The Cranford Community Center, 220 Walnut Avenue, will show the little-known classic Christmas movie, “Remember the Night” on Tuesday, Dec. 18, at 7 p.m. Info: 1-908-709-7272.
- The North Edison Christmas Tree lighting ceremony is planned for 6:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 5 at the Minnie B. Veal Community Center, 1070 Grove Ave. There will be music, refreshments and a visit from Santa Claus. Info: 1-732-248-7309.
- The Edison Township Menorah Lighting and Chanukah Celebration will be at the Jewish Community Center of Middlesex County, 1775 Oak Tree Rd., Edison on Monday, Dec. 10 at 7 p.m. Enjoy musical entertainment, crafts and light refreshments at this free event. Non-perishable food donations (no meat items) will be accepted and given to the JFVS Food Pantry. Info: 1-732-494-3232 x621.
- The Edison Recreation Department is holding a holiday home decorating contest. The entry deadline is Friday, Dec. 14 with judging to be held Dec. 18 & 19. Applications may be picked up at a community center or the main recreation office, 100 Municipal Blvd., or downloaded at www.edisonnj.org. Info: 1-732-248-7312.
- On Sunday, Dec. 2, the Elizabeth P.B.A. Local #4, USA Track & Field and The Outlet Collection: Jersey Gardens will sponsor the Jingle Bell 5K Run at the mall, at 8:30 a.m. There will also be a fun run with Santa at 8:15 a.m. and a pancake breakfast and awards at 9:30 a.m.
- The Third Ward holiday tree lighting is planned for Wednesday, Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. at the corner of Park Avenue and Summit Road. Info: 1-908-403-6202.
- Councilman William Gallman Jr., Mayor Chris Bollwage and Santa Claus will light the holiday tree at Woodruff Park (intersection of Mary Street, Jackson Ave. and Adams Ave.) on Thursday, Dec. 6 at 6 p.m.
- Join Councilman Carlos Cedeno, Mayor Bollwage and Santa for the tree lighting at L Ron Hubbard Park at the intersection of Salem & North Broad St. on Wednesday, Dec. 12 at 6 p.m. Info: 1-908-353-1231.
- On Thursday, Dec. 13 at 6 p.m., Councilman William Gallman Jr., Mayor Bollwage and Santa Claus will light the holiday tree at the intersection of Catherine and William streets.
- Mayor Bollwage, the City Council and the Office of Youth Services will present the Citywide Winterfest at AMC Theater at The Outlet Collection: Jersey Gardens, 651 Kapkowski Road, on Saturday, Dec. 15 from 9 a.m. – noon. Open to all residents: enjoy a holiday movie, picture with Santa and free gifts for children 12 and under while supplies last. Advance registration required. Info: 1-908-820-4051.
- On Wednesday, Dec. 19, at 6 p.m. Councilman Carlos Cedeno, Mayor Bollwage and Santa will take part in the Wilson Park holiday tree lighting. Info: 1-908-353-1231.
The borough’s annual holiday tree lighting and Santa’s arrival by fire truck are on Sunday, Dec. 2, from 3-5:30 p.m. at the Community House on North Ave.
The Choral Art Society of New Jersey will hold its annual “Messiah Sing” at the Church of St. Anne, 325 2nd Ave., on Sunday, Dec. 2 at 3 p.m. Music will be available to borrow. Free will offering. Info: 1-908-789-0280 ext. 10
The annual tree lighting will be on Wednesday, Dec. 5 at 6:30 p.m. at Veteran’s Park, located behind the Jamesburg Hardware Store. The Presbyterian Church Bell Choir, Mt. Ararat Children’s Choir and youth group from Spotswood Music Academy will perform, and Santa Claus will arrive with treats for children. Rain date: Dec. 12.
- Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Academy, 170 Hussa Street, Linden will host a holiday bazaar on Saturday, Dec. 8 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with vendors selling new items. Tables are $25. Info: 1-732-381-5561
- Santa Claus will visit Linden children ages 10 and younger on the third floor of the Linden Public Library at 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 11. Free tickets are available at the library’s main desk. Parents may bring a camera to take a photo of their child with Santa.
- The tree lighting ceremony will be on Friday, Nov. 30 at 7 p.m. at the Old Franklin Schoolhouse. Enjoy music, refreshments and a visit with Santa. Non-perishable food donations will be collected.
- The annual Christmas Fair at St. Luke’s Fryer Hall is Saturday, Dec. 1 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., featuring vendors of handmade goods, gourmet foods and more. Info: www.stlukesmetuchen.org.
- Enjoy a Raconteur Radio Play version of Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” at the Old Franklin Schoolhouse at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 1. Admission is $10 and reservations to firstname.lastname@example.org are recommended.
- The Metuchen First Aid Squad is holding a pancake breakfast with Santa on Sunday, Dec. 2 from 8 a.m. – noon. Tickets are $7 for adults, $5 for children. Info: www.metuchenfas.org.
The annual holiday tree lighting ceremony is Saturday, Dec. 8 at 6 p.m. on the Borough Hall Lawn. Enjoy music, refreshments and a visit from Santa (bring your own camera). Canned food donations will be accepted. Info: 1-732-356-7400 ext. 258.
Trailside Nature and Science Center, 452 New Providence Rd., will host a holiday nature craft show and the Union County annual tree and menorah lighting ceremony on Sunday, Dec. 2 from 11-5 p.m. Admission is a non-perishable food item or new, unwrapped toy that will be distributed through local charities. Info: 1-908-789-3670.
- Kick of the holiday season at the Winter Wonderland event on Monday, Dec. 3 at 6:15 p.m. at the North Brunswick Municipal Complex and enjoy a visit from Santa Claus.
- The Senior Citizen’s Winter Dance is on Friday, Dec. 7 from 4:30-7 p.m. at the North Brunswick Senior Center.
- The lighting of the menorah will be held in front of the North Brunswick Municipal Complex at 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 10.
- Raritan Bay Medical Center is offering an education program to teach simple massage techniques to “Melt Away Holiday Stress” from 7-8 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 5, in Auxiliary Hall C, on the lower level of the Medical Arts Building, adjacent to the hospital on Ferry Rd. between Routes 9 & 18. Fee: $10 per person. To register, call 1-732-442-3700 ext. 5861.
- Raritan Bay Medical Center is offering an education program to teach quick and easy breathing techniques to deal with holiday stress from 7-8 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 12, in Auxiliary Hall C, on the lower level of the Medical Arts Building, adjacent to the hospital on Ferry Rd. between Routes 9 & 18. Fee: $10 per person. To register, call 1-732-442-3700 ext. 5861.
- “The Holiday Weight Creep: Eating Healthy Through The Season” will be offered at Raritan Bay Medical Center’s Old Bridge location on Thursday, Dec. 13 from 7-8 p.m., in Auxiliary Hall C, on the lower level of the Medical Arts Building, adjacent to the hospital on Ferry Rd. between Routes 9 & 18. Fee: $10 per person. To register, call 1-732-442-3700 ext. 5861.
- The Proprietary House, 149 Kearny Ave., will hold open house events on Sundays, Dec. 2, 9 and 16 from 1-4 p.m. The free events will offer the opportunity to see the former Royal Governor’s home decorated for the holidays. Info: 1-732-826-5527.
- The Proprietary House will hold its annual Christmas Tea on Saturday, Dec. 15, from 1-4 p.m. A choir will sing holiday songs. Tickets are $30. Reservations required; call 1-732-500-2081.
- American Repertory Ballet will present The Nutcracker Suite at Hamilton Stage, 360 Hamilton Street, on Saturday Dec. 1 and Sunday, Dec. 2 at 1 and 4:30 p.m. each day. Tickets are $35. Info: 1-732-499-8226.
- The Union County Performing Arts Center, 1601 Irving Street, presents A Rockin’ Holiday Celebration starring Lightning Lou Christie, Jimmy Beaumont & The Skyliners and more on Friday, Dec. 7 at 8 p.m. Tickets range from $39.50 – $54.50. Info: 1-732-499-8226.
- The Merchants and Drovers Tavern Museum Association will host their holiday candlelight evening event at the museum on the corner of St. Georges and Westfield aves. on Saturday, Dec. 8, from 6-9 p.m. Enjoy live period music and see how Christmas might have been celebrated in the early 19th century. Admission is $12, $10 for seniors & museum members, and $5 for students. Info: 1-732-381-0441.
- The Orchestra of St. Peter by the Sea will play their annual holiday spectacular at the Union County Performing Arts Center, 1601 Irving Street, on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $27. Info: 1-732-499-8226.
- Work of Art Dance Theater will present its production of “Spellbound,” a Christmas dance musical, at the Hamilton Stage for the Performing Arts, 1591 Irving St., Rahway, Wednesday, Dec. 12 through Friday, Dec. 15. For tickets & info, visit www.woadancetheater.com. Opening night proceeds will go to Hurricane Sandy Disaster Relief.
- Mystic Vision Players presents “Carol Channeling, Caroling!” on Friday, Dec. 14 and Saturday, Dec. 15 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 16 at 6 p.m. at the Union County Performing Arts Center Loft, 1601 Irving Street. Tickets are $20. Info: 1-732-499-8226.
- On Saturday, Dec. 15, from 8 a.m. – noon, the Rahway High School Bands and Band Booster Association will hold a Pancake Breakfast with Santa in the cafeteria of Rahway High School, 1012 Madison Ave. There will be live holiday music and a chance to take photos with Santa. All profits benefit the Rahway High School Bands.
- The borough’s annual tree lighting ceremony is on Monday, Dec. 3, at 6 p.m. at Borough Hall, 210 Chestnut St. Enjoy live music, refreshments and an appearance by Santa Claus.
- On Saturday, Dec. 22 at 6 p.m., Roselle residents are invited to enjoy a Winter Wonderland Ice Skating Holiday Event at Warinanco Park.
- Roselle Park’s tree lighting ceremony is on Friday, Dec. 7 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Michael J. Mauri Park. There will be a holiday gala at the Casano Community Center following the ceremony, with refreshments and a visit from Santa Claus. Info: 1-908-245-0666.
- The Roselle Park High School PTSA Project Graduation Committee will hold a Breakfast with Santa on Saturday, Dec. 8, from 9 a.m. – noon in the cafeteria at Roselle Park High School, 185 West Webster Ave. Breakfast is $7, $5 for senior citizens, and free for children 3 and under. Photos with Santa are $3. Info: 1-908-838-1322 or 1-908-216-2082.
- The borough is holding a holiday home decorating contest. The entry deadline is Friday, Dec. 14 and winners will be recognized at the Dec. 20 council meeting. Download an application at www.rosellepark.net or pick one up at the Casano Community Center.
The Scotch Plains Holiday Celebration is Sunday, Dec. 2 at the Alan Augustine Village Green, 430 Park Ave., from 2-5 p.m. Enjoy horse drawn carriage rides, holiday songs, refreshments and a visit from Santa.
- South Amboy will hold its annual holiday tree lighting and fire truck parade on Wednesday, Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. at the Transit Plaza on Broadway. Santa Claus will arrive at 6:30 p.m. and there will be free hot chocolate, cookies, candy and holiday entertainment. Bring a non-perishable food donation for local food banks.
- Take a holiday trolley ride and see South Amboy historical sites as well as the winner and runners up in the city’s holiday house decorating contest on Thursday, Dec. 13 starting at 5:30 p.m. Call the recreation office at 1-732-316-8212 to reserve your seat. The ride is only open to South Amboy residents.
- The Sadie Pope Dowdell Library, 100 Harold G. Hoffman Plaza, will hold a kids holiday party on Friday, Dec. 14 from 3-4:30 p.m. Info: 1-732-721-6060.
- On Saturday, Dec. 15, at 7:30 p.m., the Saint Mary Chamber Orchestra and Choral Society will present Handel’s Messiah at St. Mary Church, 256 Augusta St. Suggested donation: $15. Info: 1-732-721-0179.
The annual tree lighting is on Sunday, Dec. 2 at 4 p.m. on the Town Hall Lawn and North Trivett Ave. Enjoy carols, a visit from Santa Claus, a holiday hay ride, petting zoo and more. Info: 1-973-912-2226. New, unwrapped toy donations will be collected.
The annual tree lighting ceremony and Santa’s arrival are on Sunday, Dec. 2 from 3-5 p.m. at City Hall.
Union Township’s holiday tree lighting ceremony is on Sunday, Dec. 2 at the municipal building, beginning at 5 p.m. There will be live music and pictures with Santa Claus.
- The Jersey Central Railroad Historical Society will sponsor a Santa train ride leaving the Westfield train station on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Tickets are $14 for adults, $12 for children 1-12 and free for children under 1. Info: 1-908-233-3603.
- The Presbyterian Church at Mountain Ave. and East Broad St. will host Schwabischer Sangerbund, the 25th annual Christmas concert on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 5 p.m. Tickets are $22 at the door. Info: 1-732-574-8600
- On Nov. 30, from 5-7 p.m. the township will hold a tree lighting and opening reception for the 22nd annual holiday train show at the Barron Arts Center, 582 Rahway Avenue, Woodbridge.
- The Barron Arts Center’s holiday train show will be open from Dec. 1-28, Monday-Friday from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. and weekends from 2-4 p.m. It will be closed Christmas Day. Free admission, but donations are welcome. Info: 1-732-634-0413.
- Woodbridge will hold its 52nd annual holiday parade on Sunday, Dec. 2 at 1:30 p.m. The parade starts at Woodbridge High School and ends at Woodbridge Town Hall. Info: 1-732-596-4048. Non-perishable food item donations will be collected at the end of the parade.
- The Barron Arts Center’s annual holiday concert featuring The Singing Boys of Pennsylvania and The Keystone Girls Choir will be held Friday, Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m. at Woodbridge Middle School, 535 Barron Avenue, Woodbridge. No reservations needed. Info: 1-732-634-0413.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!