The Parents’ Guild of Mother Seton Regional High School, 1 Valley Road (GSP Exit 135) will sponsor a Holiday Craft Fair featuring handmade items on Saturday, Dec. 1 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free admission.
- The Chamber of Commerce will kick off the holiday season on Nov. 23 with a tree lighting ceremony at 6 p.m. There will be a petting zoo and other activities for kids from 1-4, followed by performances by the Cindy Smith Dancers and the Cranford High School Madrigals from 4:30-6 p.m. Info: 1-908-272-6114
- The Cranford Historical Society will hold a holiday boutique at the Crane-Phillips House Museum, 124 North Union Avenue, Monday, Nov. 26, through Friday, Nov. 30 from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and 6:30-8:30 p.m., and Saturday, Dec. 1 from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. On Saturday, Mrs. Claus will meet kids and collect letters for Santa. Info: 1-908-276-0082.
- Cranford United Methodist Church, at Walnut & Lincoln avenues, will hold a holiday shoppe event on Saturday, Dec. 1 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Info: 1-908-276-0936.
- The Celebration Singers will perform a holiday concert at St. Michael’s Church, 40 Alden Street, on Friday, Dec. 7 at 8:15 p.m. Info: 1-908-241-8200.
- The Cranford Community Center, 220 Walnut Avenue, will show the little-known classic Christmas movie, “Remember the Night” on Tuesday, Dec. 18, at 7 p.m. Info: 1-908-709-7272.
- The North Edison Christmas Tree lighting ceremony is planned for 6:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 5 at the Minnie B. Veal Community Center, 1070 Grove Ave. There will be music, refreshments and a visit from Santa Claus. Info: 1-732-248-7309.
- The Edison Township Menorah Lighting and Chanukah Celebration will be at the Jewish Community Center of Middlesex County, 1775 Oak Tree Rd., Edison on Monday, Dec. 10 at 7 p.m. Enjoy musical entertainment, crafts and light refreshments at this free event. Non-perishable food donations (no meat items) will be accepted and given to the JFVS Food Pantry. Info: 1-732-494-3232 x621.
- The Edison Recreation Department is holding a holiday home decorating contest. The entry deadline is Friday, Dec. 14 with judging to be held Dec. 18 & 19. Applications may be picked up at a community center or the main recreation office, 100 Municipal Blvd., or downloaded at www.edisonnj.org. Info: 1-732-248-7312.
- Mayor Chris Bollwage, members of the City Council and the Elizabeth Avenue Partnership Board will light a holiday tree at Union Square Plaza on Tuesday, Nov. 27 at 6 p.m. Info: 1-908-965-4249.
- On Wednesday, Nov. 28, at 6 p.m., Councilman Nelson Gonzalez, Mayor Bollwage and Santa will light a holiday tree at Washington Park, at the intersection of Liderwood and Washington avenues.
- Santa will join Mayor Bollwage and members of the City Council for a holiday tree lighting at the train station pedestrian plaza on West Grand Street on Thursday, Nov. 29 at 5:30 p.m. Info: 1-908-355-9600.
- On Sunday, Dec. 2, the Elizabeth P.B.A. Local #4, USA Track & Field and The Outlet Collection: Jersey Gardens will sponsor the Jingle Bell 5K Run at the mall, at 8:30 a.m. There will also be a fun run with Santa at 8:15 a.m. and a pancake breakfast and awards at 9:30 a.m.
- The Third Ward holiday tree lighting is planned for Wednesday, Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. at the corner of Park Avenue and Summit Road. Info: 1-908-403-6202.
- Councilman William Gallman Jr., Mayor Chris Bollwage and Santa Claus will light the holiday tree at Woodruff Park (intersection of Mary Street, Jackson Ave. and Adams Ave.) on Thursday, Dec. 6 at 6 p.m.
- On Thursday, Dec. 13 at 6 p.m., Councilman William Gallman Jr., Mayor Bollwage and Santa Claus will light the holiday tree at the intersection of Catherine and William streets.
- Mayor Bollwage, the City Council and the Office of Youth Services will present the Citywide Winterfest at AMC Theater at The Outlet Collection: Jersey Gardens, 651 Kapkowski Road, on Saturday, Dec. 15 from 9 a.m. – noon. Open to all residents: enjoy a holiday movie, picture with Santa and free gifts for children 12 and under while supplies last. Advance registration required. Info: 1-908-820-4051.
The Choral Art Society of New Jersey will hold its annual “Messiah Sing” at the Church of St. Anne, 325 2nd Ave., on Sunday, Dec. 2 at 3 p.m. Music will be available to borrow. Free will offering. Info: 1-908-789-0280 ext. 10
The annual tree lighting will be on Wednesday, Dec. 5 at 6:30 p.m. at Veteran’s Park, located behind the Jamesburg Hardware Store. The Presbyterian Church Bell Choir, Mt. Ararat Children’s Choir and youth group from Spotswood Music Academy will perform, and Santa Claus will arrive with treats for children. Rain date: Dec. 12.
Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Academy, 170 Hussa Street, Linden will host a holiday bazaar on Saturday, Dec. 8 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with vendors selling new items. Tables are $25. Info: 1-732-381-5561
- On Friday, Nov. 23, the city will hold its 32nd annual tree lighting at City Hall Plaza at 7 p.m. The High School Band & Chorus will perform, and families will be able to take pictures with Santa Claus inside City Hall.
- American Repertory Ballet will present The Nutcracker Suite at Hamilton Stage, 360 Hamilton Street, on Saturday Dec. 1 and Sunday, Dec. 2 at 1 and 4:30 p.m. each day. Tickets are $35. Info: 1-732-499-8226.
- Local artists are invited to the Artist Buzz Holiday Party on Tuesday, Dec. 4 from 6-9 p.m. at 1591, 1591 Irving Street. Free admission; RSVP requested by Nov. 27. Info: 1-732-540-1075.
- The Union County Performing Arts Center, 1601 Irving Street, presents A Rockin’ Holiday Celebration starring Lightning Lou Christie, Jimmy Beaumont & The Skyliners and more on Friday, Dec. 7 at 8 p.m. Tickets range from $39.50 – $54.50. Info: 1-732-499-8226.
- The Orchestra of St. Peter by the Sea will play their annual holiday spectacular at the Union County Performing Arts Center, 1601 Irving Street, on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 8 p.m. Tickets are $27. Info: 1-732-499-8226.
- Mystic Vision Players presents “Carol Channeling, Caroling!” on Friday, Dec. 14 and Saturday, Dec. 15 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 16 at 6 p.m. at the Union County Performing Arts Center Loft, 1601 Irving Street. Tickets are $20. Info: 1-732-499-8226.
- On Saturday, Dec. 15, from 8 a.m. – noon, the Rahway High School Bands and Band Booster Association will hold a Pancake Breakfast with Santa in the cafeteria of Rahway High School, 1012 Madison Ave. There will be live holiday music and a chance to take photos with Santa. All profits benefit the Rahway High School Bands.
The Roselle Park High School PTSA Project Graduation Committee will hold a Breakfast with Santa on Saturday, Dec. 8, from 9 a.m. – noon in the cafeteria at Roselle Park High School, 185 West Webster Ave. Breakfast is $7, $5 for senior citizens, and free for children 3 and under. Photos with Santa are $3. Info: 1-908-838-1322 or 1-908-216-2082.
South Amboy will hold its annual holiday tree lighting and fire truck parade on Wednesday, Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. at the Transit Plaza on Broadway. Santa Claus will arrive at 6:30 p.m. and there will be free hot chocolate, cookies, candy and holiday entertainment. Bring a non-perishable food donation for local food banks.
- The Jersey Central Railroad Historical Society will sponsor a Santa train ride leaving the Westfield train station on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Tickets are $14 for adults, $12 for children 1-12 and free for children under 1. Info: 1-908-233-3603.
- The Presbyterian Church at Mountain Ave. and East Broad St. will host Schwabischer Sangerbund, the 25th annual Christmas concert on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 5 p.m. Tickets are $22 at the door. Info: 1-732-574-8600
- On Nov. 29, Presley and Melody Concerts will present a “Rockin’ Winter Wonderland Concert” at the Woodbridge Community Center, 600 Main Street, beginning at 7 p.m. Children are invited to sing along with the performers. Info: 1-908-868-4958.
- On Nov. 30, from 5-7 p.m. the township will hold a tree lighting and opening reception for the 22nd annual holiday train show at the Barron Arts Center, 582 Rahway Avenue, Woodbridge.
- The Barron Arts Center’s holiday train show will be open from Dec. 1-28, Monday-Friday from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. and weekends from 2-4 p.m. It will be closed Christmas Day. Free admission, but donations are welcome. Info: 1-732-634-0413.
- The Barron Arts Center’s annual holiday concert featuring The Singing Boys of Pennsylvania and The Keystone Girls Choir will be held Friday, Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m. at Woodbridge Middle School, 535 Barron Avenue, Woodbridge. No reservations needed. Info: 1-732-634-0413.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!