UNION COUNTY – The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders advised Union County residents that Election Day polling places for several Districts and Wards have changed as a result of continued power outages due to Hurricane Sandy.
The changes only apply to certain polling places in Berkeley Heights, Clark, Cranford, Scotch Plains, Springfield, Summit and Westfield.
- Berkeley Heights: District 9 will vote at the Berkeley Heights Fire House, 411 Hamilton Avenue.
- Clark: Ward 1 Districts 1, 2, and 3 will vote at the Municipal Building (formerly the Charles H. Brewer School), 430 Westfield Avenue.
- Cranford: Districts 8, 12 and 30 will vote at the Orange Avenue School, 901 Orange Avenue.
- Scotch Plains: Districts 4 and 5 will vote at Park Middle School, 580 Park Avenue. Districts 19, 20 and 23 will vote at Terrill Middle School, 1301 Terrill Road.
- Springfield: Districts 1 and 4 will vote at the Sarah Bailey Civic Center, 30 Church Mall. Districts 5 and 6 will vote at Florence Gaudineer School, 75 South Springfield Avenue. Districts 10, 13 and 14 will vote at Thelma Sandmeier School, 666 South Springfield Avenue.
- Summit: Ward 1 Districts 3, 4, 5, and 6 will vote at Summit High School, 125 Kent Place Boulevard. Ward 2 Districts 9, 12, and 13 will vote at Summit Middle School on Morris Avenue.
- Westfield: Ward 2 Districts 2 and 3 will vote at Roosevelt Intermediate School, 301 Clark Street. Ward 2 Districts 4 and 5 will vote at Benjamin Franklin School, 700 Prospect Street.
This information is also posted online at the Union County Board of Elections: go to ucnj.org/government/board-of-elections-2/municipalities and use the link “Polling Place Changes due to Hurricane Sandy.”
Voters who do not know their District or Ward can find their polling place by using an online search tool provided through the New Jersey Department of State at voter.njsvrs.com, or call the Union County Board of Elections at 1-908-527-4123.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!