HAMILTON – AAA Mid-Atlantic has responded to approximately 4,900 calls for roadside assistance in New Jersey since Monday, according to an organization representative.
Extensive power outages and road damage have resulted in fuel shortages in many areas. Gas stations that do not have power are unable to pump gas. Therefore, to conserve fuel and to make service available to more members in immediate need, long distance towing service is limited in New Jersey.
Additionally, the delivery of fuel to members has been suspended, but towing of disabled vehicles, including those out of fuel, is still available.
As of yesterday only 30 percent of gas stations were operational. “While some stations have run out of gas, the more significant problem right now is that gas stations do not have power to pump gas”, said Tracy Noble, spokesperson for AAA Mid-Atlantic. “It’s important for people to understand that as more gas stations get power back there will be more gas available. Please remember that emergency workers also must fill their gas tanks in order to get to work, until power is restored AAA asks New Jersey residents to be patient and to avoid any unnecessary travel.”
AAA would like to offer New Jersey residents the opportunity to charge their phones, laptops or other electronic devices at their operating retail and car care locations.
The following AAA locations have power and can accommodate your charging needs:
- Flemington – 146-Rt 31, Flemington, NJ, 08822
- Hamilton – 2A South Gold Drive, Hamilton, NJ, 08691 609-890-2220
- Mt. Laurel – Larchmont Commons Shopping Center- 3111 Rte. 38 West, Mt. Laurel, NJ, 08054
- Newton – 42 Hampton House Road, Rt. 206 , Newton, NJ, 07860 973-362-2023
- Northfield – 901 Tilton Rd, Northfield, NJ, 08225 609-646-6000
- Phillipsburg -1205 US Rte. 22 West, Phillipsburg, NJ, 08865 908-387-0453
- Rio Grande -3301 Route 9 South, Rio Grande, NJ, 08242 609-465-3033
- Toms River -Rt. 37 East, Toms River, NJ, 08753-5700 732-244-6800
- West Long Branch -Consumer Shopping Center, Suite 801 310 State Highway 36, West Long Branch, NJ, 07764 732-389-5559
- Woodbridge- 467 Green Street, Woodbridge, NJ, 07095
“The safety and well-being of motorists is always a top-priority for AAA Mid-Atlantic. We’re committed to providing assistance where we’re needed, and we’re working hard to make sure that happens as quickly and efficiently as possible,” said Noble.
AAA Mid-Atlantic, serves nearly four million members in parts of New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Virginia, and throughout Delaware, Maryland and the District of Columbia, and is on the web at aaa.com/community.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!