RAHWAY — The Rahway Office of Emergency Management is asking residents to remain in their homes unless an emergency requires them to leave.
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy:
- Non-Emergency vehicle traffic is totally prohibited
- There is no estimate at this time on when power will be restored
- Cable TV can not be restored until power is restored
- All wires that are down should be considered live. Residents should not approach them.
- Residents should NOT call the police department or 911 unless there is a true emergency.
Officials are working around the clock to ensure the safety of residents and are in contact with public utility providers.
As of 12:45 p.m., PSE&G reported that more than 10,000 Rahway customers remained without power.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!