PERTH AMBOY— Mayor Wilda Diaz and the Office of Emergency Management have declared a State of Emergency for the City of Perth Amboy as of 2 p.m.
The following emergency protective measures are in effect:
- Residents on Marine View East (57 Water St.) and Marine View West (44 High St.) and Front Street are directed to evacuate by 4:00 p.m.
- A non-essential roadway traveling curfew is being enforced beginning at 6 p.m. The Waterfront area roads will be cleared before 6 p.m.
- All non-essential businesses are to be closed by 7 p.m.
- Shelters locations are open now. Pets are allowed should be contained and/or leashed.
- The City in cooperation with the school district and has established the following locations:
- The Shull School – 380 Hall Avenue
- The McGinnis School – 271 State Street
- The Middlesex County Regional Shelter is located at the Woodbridge Community Center/YMCA on 600 Main Street in Woodbridge
- Residents and business owners in flood prone areas are reminded to move vehicles to higher ground.
- All municipal lots are available for parking.
There will be NO garbage collection on Tuesday. All residents are advised to remove and secure all garbage receptacles, outdoor furniture, Halloween decorations and any other items that may become airborne due to high winds.
For emergencies only, dial 9-1-1. For non-emergencies call 1-732-442-4400. The Perth Amboy OEM plans to provide updates via Nixle, visit www.nixle.com to sign-up. These updates will include emergency notifications. Emergency information will also be relayed on radio at AM 1450 WCTC and FM 101.5 WKXW.
For updates on weather conditions and other announcements, please:
Stay tuned to your local news channels and radio stations. For Perth Amboy news watch PATV (Comcast 34/Verizon 47), we will have updated bulletin information and a filming on storm preparations. For additional information on storm preparations, shelter operations, emergency parking locations and an emergency kit list, please visit:www.ci.perthamboy.nj.us.