CARTERET — After a long absence, all-star pro wrestling returns to Carteret on Friday, Oct. 26, when National Pro Wrestling Superstars hosts another fundraiser for the Divine Mercy Church at 7:45 p.m. at the church’s Parish Hall, 213 Pershing Avenue, just off Washington and Roosevelt avenues.
“Haunted Halloween Hysteria” will include a battle between two certified monsters, as the stone-faced and ghastly Mor-Ta-Da (a tribute character to the former WCW star Mortiss) goes one-on-one with the worm-eating former WWE star who is coming to get him (and you if you’re not careful), The Boogeyman.
NPWS Cruiserweight Champion “Mr. Entertainment” J.D. Smoothie and NPWS Junior Heavyweight Champion “The Love Machine” Nicky Oceans will also see ring time in Carteret, along with veteran tri-state area stars Eric Corvis and “The Cold-Hearted Playa” Danny Demanto, and much more, including special guest manager Firefighter Joe Davis.
Plus, as it’s Halloween weekend, there will be a Halloween Costume Contest, with prizes for kids and adults.
Tickets are price at only $20 for adults and $17 for kids & seniors, and are available at the following local outlets:
- Carteret Family Hair Care, 771 Roosevelt Avenue (Shop Rite Shopping Center)
- Cooke Ave Food Mart, 24 Cooke Avenue (across from Bank Of America)
- Krauszer’s, 129 Washington Avenue (between Linden and Whittier Streets)
- Port Reading: Krauszer’s, 643 Port Reading Avenue
- Woodbridge: B.K. Corner Deli, 613 Rahway Avenue (corner of Freeman Street)
Tickets are also available by calling the NPWS box office at 1-732-888-1704. All major charge cards are accepted, and group rates are available for groups of ten or more.