PERTH AMBOY — Raritan Bay Medical Center Foundation announced the honorees of the 28th Annual Harbor Lights Ball during the event’s kickoff cocktail party July 27 at the Raritan Yacht Club in Perth Amboy. Executive leaders, board members and ball committee members gathered to congratulate the honorees and enjoy music provided by the Victor Quezada Jazz Trio, as well as a cirque performance by Shore Circus.
This year’s Harbor Lights Ball honorees were selected based on their dedication and philanthropic commitment to Raritan Bay Medical Center (RBMC) and the surrounding communities. They include:
- Humanitarian Award: Gregory M. Ficarra, Woodbridge Township Council President and former director of health, physical education, nursing & athletics, Perth Amboy public school system.
- Executive of the Year Award: Deborah L. Tripod, president of Englert, Inc. of Perth Amboy
- Excellence in Healthcare Award: longtime member of RBMC’s medical staff and Perth Amboy physician Mark L. Niemiera, MD
- Norman Tanzman Award: John and Carol Hila. Jack was former Deputy Attorney General, Outside Counsel to the Department of Transportation, a Woodbridge Township Councilman and a trustee of George Street Playhouse. Carol is president of Woodbridge Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce.
- Future Leader Award: Vanessa E. Mendez, director of strategic initiatives, Tropical Cheese of Perth Amboy.
The Harbor Lights Ball is the premier annual fundraising event for Raritan Bay Medical Center and will be held Saturday, Sept. 29, at the Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel. This year’s theme is “Cirque du Santé” and will include music by Tim McLoone & the Shirleys, Cirque performers, dancing and a grand auction.
Proceeds from the ball will benefit the medical center’s Broadening Our Vision, Securing Our Future construction and renovation project. This project will improve the availability of a diverse range of outpatient services, support emergency medical services, renovate patient rooms at Raritan Bay Medical Center’s Old Bridge and Perth Amboy campuses and construct a new ambulatory surgical center at the Old Bridge campus.
At this year’s kickoff event, ball honorees from left to right: Dr. Mark L. Niemiera, Carol Hila, Debbie Tripod, Vanessa Mendez, and Gregg Ficarra. (Photo courtesy of RBMC)
At this year’s kickoff event, ball chairs, Board members and RBMC executive staff: From left to right: Bob Durso, Kally Durso, Mike D’Agnes, Rozalia Czaban, Joe Britton, Nancy Barone and Russ Azzarello. (Photo courtesy of RBMC)
Harbor Lights Ball committee members, from left seated: Bernadette Sohler, Diane Cox, Carol Rebovich, Rose Goldberg and Christina DePack. And from left standing: Allie Hall, Barry Rosengarten, John Hogan, Nancy Barone, Kally Durso, Bob Durso, Susan Pasternack, Rozalia Czaban, Joe Britton, Russ Azzarello and Julie Andreola. (Photo courtesy of RBMC)
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!