CARTERET–The Carteret Health Department, working in conjunction with the Carteret Housing Authority, will host the borough’s fourth annual health fair tomorrow, Saturday, Aug. 4.
This free, public event will be held at the town’s Bishop Andrews Park (at the corner of Essex and Pershing Avenue) from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m., offering a number of health-related screenings, and community oriented attractions for visitors of all ages. These will include:
- St. Peter’s Mobile Unit
- Blood pressure screenings, BMC (body mass index)
- Middlesex County Fire Safety Trailer
- Middlesex County Sheriff’s Dept. – fingerprinting
- Info Line of Central Jersey
- DYFSS – Division of Youth and Family Services
- Middlesex County Mosquito Commission
- NCADD (National Center Addiction and Dependency)
- Carteret Sportmen Cheerleaders
- Middlesex County Public Health Dept.
- Carteret Fire Department
- Fitness & Wellness of Rahway at Carteret
- Puerto Rican Action Board
- Woman Aware Program
- Adult Protective Services
- SHIP Program (State Health Insurance Program)
- 4- H Youth Development Program
Mayor Daniel J. Reiman said, “This event is one of the many ways my administration has sought to bring healthier living to Carteret and the greater community, while providing a fun-filled day of family oriented activities. Whether our visitors are out to jumpstart a healthier lifestyle, receive professional medical advice, or simply enjoy one of our many outdoor treasures, there are plenty of ways to benefit from our popular Health Fair.”
“We have gone to great lengths to increase the variety of health programs and services available to residents,” Councilman Skippy Sitarz added. “Our Health Fair makes valuable and cost-effective health resources available to residents when they may be needed most.”
For more information, visit www.carteret.net, or call the Carteret Health Department at 1-732-541-3893.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!