EAST RUTHERFORD – State Fair Meadowlands, the largest fair in the New York metro area, today named a grand prize winner for its inaugural “Fun at the Fair” photo contest, sponsored by Rite-Aid. The Grand Prize went to Leslie Granda-Hill of Montclair for her spectacular photo of the giant Gondola Wheel with a burst of Fourth of July fireworks lighting up the night sky.
The fair also announced 12 winners for best photos focusing on entertainment, food and rides & attractions. Winners hailed from Bergen, Passaic, Essex, Hudson, Union, Monmouth and Ocean counties, as well as from Brooklyn, N.Y.
“We were thoroughly impressed and delighted with all of this year’s entries, which captured the joy and sense of fun we all feel when we walk the fair midway,” said Michele Tartaglione, managing director, State Fair Meadowlands. “All of our entries brought the magic to life – from the gorgeous faces of our animal performers to the twinkling lights of our rides and vendor stalls. We thank everyone who submitted a photo for their creativity and interest, and look forward to seeing next year’s submissions.”
Leslie Granda-Hill of Montclair for “Big Wheel and Fireworks”
Round 1 Winners:
- Entertainment – Joseph Gentile of Bergenfield for “Pig Racetrack”
- Rides – Carlos Ruiz of Passaic for “Crazy Mouse”
- Attractions – Deborah Adornato of Old Bridge for “Sophia at the Petting Zoo”
- Honorable Mention – Catherine Malave of Brooklyn, NY, for “Big Hug”
Round 2 Winners:
- Entertainment – Rich Lemonie of Hackensack for “Tent with Flag”
- Food – Cadesha Johnson of Newark for “Delicious”
- Rides – Miriam Messer of North Bergen for “Gondola Wheel”
- Honorable Mention – Stacey Carna of Jersey City for “The Elephant”
Round 3 Winners:
- Entertainment – Emily Cromwell of Jackson for “Smiley Tiger”
- Food – Liesl Forames of Dumont for “Little Bat Guy with Cone”
- Rides – Louis Tong of Fort Lee for “Retro Wheel”
- Honorable Mention – Tanisha Long of Roselle for “Swings”
The Grand Prize winner received a Rite Aid gift card valued at $200. First-place winners from each category received a gift card valued at $50. Honorable mentions received a gift card valued at $40.
State Fair Meadowlands, held each summer in late June/early July, has over 150 rides and attractions occupying over 35 acres of fairgrounds plus parking. This year’s fair, which kicked off on June 22 and ended on July 8, featured thrilling rides, free entertainment – including the Live Shark Encounter, the Big Cat Show, Racing Pigs and Circus Maximus – and acres and acres of food vendors. The fair attracted about 400,000 people this year, matching last year’s record attendance.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!