The Barclays Golf Tournament Supports Children’s Specialized Hospital

NJTODAY.NET's online business directory

MOUNTAINSIDE–Join and support Children’s Specialized Hospital at The Barclays Golf Tournament in Farmingdale, New York, August 21­–26. A total of 75 percent of the net proceeds from each ticket purchased at www.buytfc.com with a special promotional code “MARSHAL” will benefit Children’s Specialized Hospital. The other 25 percent will benefit The First Tee of Metropolitan New York, a program which teaches young people life skills through golf.

Children’s Specialized Hospital is proud to unite with The Barclays Golf Tournament through Tickets Fore Charity, a fundraising program designed to generate revenue for local charities where PGA tournaments are held. The Barclays, the first event in the PGA Tour Playoffs for the FedExCup, will feature 125 of the top players at Bethpage State Park: The Black Course.

Beth Anne Myarick, director of community engagement at Children’s Specialized Hospital, is ecstatic about the combined efforts.

“We are thrilled that Children’s Specialized Hospital will again partner with The Barclay’s this year,” said Myarick. “Our patient families, employees, community and corporate donors look forward to participating in the PGA event every year!”

In 2011, the third year of the Tickets Fore Charity program, $333,450 was generated for local charities. The tournament has set a goal of $400,000 for 2012. The Barclays executive director, Peter Mele, emphasized the importance of contributing to charitable organizations.

“This is an incredible opportunity to raise unlimited funds for the participating charity and there are absolutely no costs to the organization,” said Mele. “Fans will get to witness the very best the PGA TOUR has to offer and generate revenue for charities in New York and New Jersey during a time when these organizations need our help more than ever.”

Attendance at the tournament is $150 for a Weekly Grounds Ticket.

To purchase tickets, visit www.buytfc.com and click on The Barclays. Be sure to enter code MARSHAL to designate Children’s Specialized Hospital as the benefiting charitable organization. For more information, or to purchase tickets, contact Beth Anne Myarick at 1-908-301-5415; bmyarick@childrens-specialized.org.


Connect with NJTODAY.NET


Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!
Email ads@njtoday.net for advertising information Send stuff to NJTODAY.NET Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter Download this week's issue of NJTODAY.NET

Leave a Reply