BRIDGEWATER – The Somerset County Business Partnership is seeking qualified nominations for the 2012 Young Entrepreneur Award. The award is presented annually at the Business Partnership Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon taking place this year on Thursday, Dec. 13 at the Bridgewater Marriott.
The Young Entrepreneur Award recognizes achievement, encourages the development of business skills, and salutes the entrepreneurial spirit and the ideal of community service. To be eligible, the nominee must be a full-time student in public or private high school located in Somerset County and a resident of Somerset County. The business operation must be a sole proprietorship. Participants in partnerships are not eligible.
The recipient will receive a certificate, public recognition for his or her accomplishments, and the Anthony F. Picheca, Sr. Entrepreneur Award of up to $1,000 from the Somerville and Bridgewater Rotary Club.
Recent recipients include:
- 2011-Ryan Lucht, Lucht Marketing, Montgomery High School
- 2010-Sean Lenahan, The Mind’s Window, Bridgewater-Raritan High School
- 2009-Edward Miller, Ed’s All Season Service, North Plainfield High School
- 2008-Caitlin Carey, Out of Silence, Bridgewater-Raritan High School
- 2007-Emily Anne Granger, EmilyAnneimals Pet Care. Home: Bridgewater-Raritan High School.
- 2006-Catherine Cook, MyYearbook.com (Online Social Networking), Montgomery Twp High School
Deadline for nominations is Friday, Sept. 28. Nomination forms are available by calling the Business Partnership at 1-908-218-4300 or on line at http://bit.ly/YoungEntrep12 by searching Young Entrepreneur.