DENVILLE – If you have a family member who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia disorder, an Alzheimer’s Association Support Group can offer you an opportunity to find out more about available community resources, learn from others who are going through similar experiences and obtain additional educational materials.
The support groups are free and open to the public, and they meet monthly unless otherwise noted. To confirm the date and time of each support group, call the number listed for the group or call the Helpline at 1-800-272-3900:
- Park Crescent Health Care and Rehab Center, 480 North Walnut Street, East Orange, meets the 4th Wednesday of the month at 5 p.m. Call Grace Ann Kelly at 1-973-674-2700, x2276.
- St. Mark AME Church, 587 Springdale Avenue, East Orange, meets the 1st Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. Call Jacquelyn Rush at 1-973-723-1015.
- New Community Extended Care Center, 266 South Orange Ave., Newark, meets the second Saturday at 10 a.m. Call Betty Lawson at 1-973-624-2020 x202.
- Newark Beth Israel Hospital, A-4 Acute Geriatrics Unit, Family Conference Room, 201 Lyons Ave., Newark, meets the last Tuesday of the month at 2:00 p.m. Call Rashmi Aggarwal at 1-973-926-8491 or Adia Terry at 1-862-216-4281.
- The Boathouse at Verona Park, Bloomfield Ave. & Lakeside Ave., Verona, meets the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month at 7:00 p.m. Call Ruth Rothbart Mayer at 1-973-586-4300.
- Crane’s Mill Continuing Care Retirement Community, Town Square Activities Room, 459 Passaic Avenue, West Caldwell, meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. Call Mara Joy Norden or Claire Akselrad at 1-973-464-0595.
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!