JACKSON—Six Flags Great Adventure will host its first “Brew Ha Ha” craft beer festival and comedy show June 30. Thirty breweries will be located in the Old County Picnic Grove where guests will enjoy various beers produced regionally, nationally and internationally.
“While most people are familiar with the growing national craft beer landscape, many are not aware of the growth taking place locally and an event like this brings both realities to attention,” said John Merklin, owner of East Coast Beer Company located in Point Pleasant.
The emphasis will be on local brews and guests will be invited to vote for their favorite New Jersey beer. There will be breweries from all over New Jersey including:
- East Coast Beer Co. and Kane Brewery from Ocean County
- Flying Fish Brewing Co. in Camden County
- NJ Beer Co. in Hudson County
- Cricket Hill Brewery in Essex County
Breweries from the Philadelphia area such as Victory and Yards, and New York City area such as Sixpoint and Smuttynose, will also be present.
The comedy show, presented by NJ 101.5 FM, will begin at 7 p.m. and will feature comedians Carl Labove and local favorite Uncle Floyd.
The festival will run from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. with an early entry for season pass holders from 3 to 3:30 p.m. Event is rain or shine. A variety of ticket packages are available. Every ticket package includes all-you-can-eat buffet and comedy show admission.
- Beer Fest Ticket – $49.99 – does not include theme park admission
- Season Pass Holder – $34.99 until June 21,$44.99 after June 21 – includes advance entry at 3:00 p.m.
- Combo Pass – $74.99 – includes beer festival and theme park admission
- Designated Driver – $19.99 – includes entry to beer festival, however, this guest may not sample beer
Additional discounts are available for groups of 100 or more. Guests must be at least 21 years old with a valid ID to enter. Tickets must be purchased in advance to receive the best prices. Limited number of tickets are available at the door. To purchase tickets and/or for more information visit http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/events/BeerFest.aspx.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!