STATE – Taxpayers who still need to file their 2011 or prior year income tax return may still be eligible for free income tax assistance at one of several Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites still open in New Jersey.
Through the IRS VITA program free income tax preparation assistance is provided by IRS certified volunteers to those taxpayers who qualify. Volunteer return preparation programs are provided through partnerships between the IRS and community based organizations. They offer free help in preparing simple tax returns for low-to-moderate-income taxpayers. Several sites throughout the state are still open to assist you. Eligible taxpayers should call for an appointment
The following VITA sites are still available in New Jersey:
- Atlantic County—Community Enterprise Corp. (609) 383-2346 through 6/30/2012
- Essex County —Newark Now (973) 624-3733 through 12/20/2012
- Hudson County—HOPES Cap, Inc. (888) 409-2935 through 10/15/2012
- Middlesex County—Elijah’s Promise at (732) 545-9002 through 11/30/2012
- Middlesex County—United Way of Central Jersey (732) 247-3727 through 10/15/2012
- Passaic County—Community Enterprise Corp. (973) 340-2346 through 6/30/2012
- Somerset County—Bernardsville Public Library (908) 766-0118 through 12/30/2012
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!