EDISON — Fifteen Upper School and 11 Middle School students earned recognition for outstanding scores on the National Latin Examination.
Wardlaw-Hartridge School Latin language students participated with over 164,000 students from all 50 states and 14 other countries to take the test early in March. Macada Brandl of Fanwood, Upper School Latin teacher, and Lilah Terwilliger of Westfield, Middle School Latin teacher, are proud of their students’ achievements on this difficult test.
Seventh grader Anuva Goel of Piscataway received a perfect score and Outstanding Achievement status on the Intro to Latin Exam. There were only 285 perfect scores out of the 82,000 students who took the Introductory Level exam.
Other award winners included:
- Summa Cum Laude (Gold medal) – Ali Reza of Carteret, Yousaf Razvi of North Brunswick
- Maxima Cum Laude (Silver medal) – Alex Barbet of Plainfield, Saad Mansuri of Edison, Roshun Menon of South Plainfield
- Magna Cum Laude – Mairead Forrest of Parlin, Stephanie Smyczek of Edison, Alyssa Kennedy of Elizabeth, Haley Needle of Scotch Plains, Azia Pompey of North Plainfield
- Cum Laude – Liam O’Connell of Plainfield, Ryan Skolnick of Morristown, Sumeet Prasad of Edison, Marisa Carlucci of Edison, Ali Naqvi of South Plainfield
- Summa Cum Laude (Gold medal) – Max Needle of Scotch Plains
- Maxima Cum Laude (Silver medal) – Lara Albrechcinski of Linden, Duran Gonzalez of Rahway
- Magna Cum Laude – Brandon Bandy of Rahway
- Cum Laude – Anil Kondaveeti of Colonia
- Outstanding Achievement – Meghna Mehta of Piscataway
- Certificate of Achievement – Deblina Mukherjee of Scotch Plains, Amaan Bhojani of Avenel, Ellena Son of Woodbridge, Jake Payami of Scotch Plains
Anuva Goel of Piscataway shows off her certificate and gold medal for the perfect paper she turned in on the National Latin Exam. Anuva is pictured with Ann Hergenrother (left), Middle School Head, and Lilah Terwilliger, Middle School Latin teacher. (Photo by Rudy Brandl of Fanwood/Wardlaw-Hartridge School)
The Middle School students who received certificates or medals for their performance on the National Latin Exam were recognized during the lunch period on April 23. (Photo by Rudy Brandl of Fanwood/Wardlaw-Hartridge School)
The Upper School Students who earned medals or certificates for high achievement on the National Latin Exam join Macada Brandl ’87 (left), Upper School Latin teacher, and Yolanda Reyes, Language Department Chair, in the courtyard on April 25. (Photo by Rudy Brandl of Fanwood/Wardlaw-Hartridge School)
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!