ELIZABETH–Community Access Unlimited (CAU) will host its 28th Annual Awards Night Celebration on Wednesday, April 18, at L’Affaire in Mountainside.
CAU, a non-profit social services agency that provides supports to people with disabilities and at-risk youth, will honor staff, members, community organizations, and individuals within the community that have supported programs during the past year.
The following individuals will be honored at this year’s event:
- Alfonsina Savino of the Gateway School will receive the Educator of the Year Award.
- Rachel Reed of the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities will receive the Distinguished Social Service Award.
- Dr. Romeo Caballes Jr., MD will receive the Health Care Professional of the Year Award.
- New Providence Police Department will receive the Citizen of the Year Award.
- Kenneth Widgeon of the New Jersey Division of Youth and Family Services will receive the Youth Advocate of the Year Award.
- Charlene Bathelus of Prevention Links will receive the Community Partnership Award.
- James R. Guerra, Architects-Planners will receive the Supportive Housing Service Award.
- New Brunswick High School “Play It Smart” Program will receive the Community Service Award.
CAU members and staff will also be cited for their efforts.
Dinner is scheduled for 6 p.m. followed by the presentation of awards at 7:30 p.m. For additional information or to purchase tickets to this event, contact Katie Baird, Coordinator of Marketing/Fundraising at 1-908-354-3040 ext. 376.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!