CLARK — The Physical Education Department at Arthur L. Johnson High School has implemented a student recognition program for students each month. The purpose of the program is to recognize those students that “Stand-Out” from others during physical education class.
Students must be prepared for class every day, give 100% effort, demonstrate leadership abilities and display excellent sportsmanship. One student is chosen each month per teacher per period. Students recognized are awarded with a Certificate of Recognition and a Johnson PE “Stand-Out” shirt. Each student has their picture taken and it is placed on the bulletin board, outside of the gymnasium, along with a personal bio.
Here’s what previous PE Stand-Outs had to say about the program:
“PE Stand-Out motivates students to try harder in Physical Education class,” said Amanda Wnorowski.
“PE Stand-Out allows each individual to have the opportunity to show their utmost ability during each Phys. Ed. Period,” said Billy Eltringham.
“The PE Stand-Out program is outstanding because it gives individuals the motivation to g o 110% everyday in PE class,” said Danny Mullin.
PE “Stand-Outs” for the month of February:
- Andrea Ascolese’s class: Sean Quigley, Collin Westcott, Nicole Resetar & Zack Cierpial, Shane Lynes
- Steve Barry’s class: Joe Rubano, Cindy Wilson, Vin Campanella, Ryan Logan
- Laura Bundy’s class: Justin Beceiro, Sam Platero, Dan Brink, Sarah Palmer, and Kevin Fahy
- Dan House’s class: Louis Maravilla, Nicole Resetar & Zack Cierpial, Nicholas D’Adamo
- Chris Raguseo’s class: Stephen McArdle and Oksana Zaviysky
- Joe Sortino’s class: Noel Rotondo, Mohamed Elgarhy, Albert Martin, Stephan Paterno
- Jamie Wronski’s class: Loretta Vill and Nick Migliaro
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!