STATE — AMC Theatres and the Autism Society have teamed up to bring families affected by autism and other disorders, such as Tourette Syndrome, a special opportunity to enjoy their favorite films in a safe, accepting environment on a monthly basis with the “Sensory Friendly Films” program.
After successful turnouts over the past three months, the program once again will be coming to New Jersey, on Saturday, Feb. 25, when six AMC Theatres around the state will show “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island” at 10 a.m. The tickets will be priced between $4 and $6, and can be purchased on the day of the event.
To provide a more accepting and comfortable setting, the movie auditoriums will have their lights brought up and the sound turned down; families can bring in their own gluten-free, casein-free snacks; and no previews or advertisements will be shown before the movie. Attendees also are welcome to get up and dance, walk, shout or sing. In other words, AMC’s “Silence is Golden” policy will not be enforced unless the safety of the audience is questioned.
The New Jersey locations for this event are:
- AMC Clifton Commons 16 – 405 Route 3, Clifton, NJ 07014-1911, 973-614-0966
- AMC Jersey Gardens 20 – 651 Kapowski Road, Elizabeth, NJ 07201, 908-289-1855
- AMC Loews Freehold Metroplex 14 – 101 Trotters Way, Freehold, NJ 07728, 732-294-7761
- AMC New Brunswick 18 – 17 U.S. Highway 1, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, 732-846-2275
- AMC Rockaway 16 – 363 Mount Hope Ave., Rockaway, NJ 07866, 973-328-4255
- AMC Wayne 14 – 67 Willowbrook Blvd., Wayne, NJ 07470, 973-890-0508
For more information, visit www.amctheatres.com/sff.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!