UNION COUNTY – The Union County Commission on the Status of Women has announced the 2012 recipients of the Women of Excellence Awards. The honorees will be celebrated at the 20th annual Women of Excellence dinner on Friday, March 23, at The Westwood, 438 North Avenue in Garwood.
“The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders is proud to support the Commission in recognizing these women for their outstanding accomplishments,” said Freeholder Chairman Alexander Mirabella. “They have been an influential and integral part of our community and are positive examples of dedication and strong leadership.”
The Women of Excellence Awards, supported by the Union County Freeholder Board, are presented to recognize and honor distinguished women who reside or work in Union County. The candidates are nominated based on their achievements and the impact of their work on the County of Union in areas like Arts and Humanities, Business, Community Service, Education, Government, Law, Medicine/Health Care and Women’s Advocacy.
The 2012 honorees and their respective categories are:
- Amy Carow of Scotch Plains- Youth Leadership
- Helen Genova, Ph.D. of Union – Health Sciences
- Elizabeth Gloeggler of Plainfield – Volunteerism
- Ruth Maloney of Westfield – Community Service
- Dr. Margaret McMenamin of Springfield – Education
- Eleanor McGovern of Fanwood – Government
- Deborah Palacio of Cranford – Entrepreneurship
- Julie Pinho of Warren- Business Owner
- Rosalind Straus of Union – Lifetime Achievement
- Captain Cynthia Weber of East Windsor- Law Enforcement
Tickets for the dinner are available at $45 per person by contacting Carol Lombardo, 1-908-789-0508.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!