By Rosa Harrington
- Hannibal, generally considered one of the greatest military commanders in history, won major victories against this army for Carthage in Africa during the Second Punic War (218-201 B.C.E.) Name the army.
- The black Madonna in Nuria, Spain, is also known by this name.
- Which U.S. President said, “Yes we can”?
- Which ancient country was called Kemet, which means “Black Land” ?
- After his teacher told him that there was no such thing as black history, this black Puerto Rican man would spend much of his life documenting the accomplishments of Africans and African-Americans. He co-founded the Negro Society for Historical Research in 1911. Name him.
Use the internet or library to research the answers if you need to. If you get stuck, highlight the text below the word “answers” at the end of this article. Just for fun, why don’t you pick one topic from this quiz and learn more about it?
Rosa’s African-American History Museum, located in the field house at Weequahic Park in Newark at Meeker and Frelinghuysen avenues, will open on Wednesday, Feb. 29. It is Newark’s first museum dedicated to black history.
1) Roman army
2) Queen of the Pyrenees
3) Barack Obama
5) Arthur A. Schomburg
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!