Third Suspect In Edison Cell Phone Store Robbery Arrested

EDISON – Authorities have arrested the third suspect allegedly involved in the robbery of a T-Mobile Store in Edison last week, township police announced today.

Mack Mitchell, 18, of Bristol, Pa., was taken into custody without incident at a residence in Bristol by the Bristol Police, authorities said. He apparently contacted police through a family member to turn himself in. Mitchell is currently being held in the Bucks County Prison in Boyestown, Pa., pending extradition to New Jersey.

Police arrested two other suspects on Jan. 12, following the incident at the T-Mobile store at 32 Parsonage Road.

Michael E. Mitchell, 28, of Bristol, Pa. was charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, conspiracy to unlawful possession of a firearm, and conspiracy to possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose. His bail was set at $100,000, full.

Emendo E. Bowers, 24, of Somerset, was charged with robbery, unlawful possession of a firearm, possession of a weapon for unlawful purpose, and resisting by flight. He was also charged in connection with a Dec. 8, 2011 robbery at the T-Mobile store at 691 Route 1 in Edison. His bail was set at $200,000, full.

At the time of the Jan. 12 robbery, the store was under surveillance by members of the Edison Police Detective Bureau’s Special Operations Group who were investigating a string of cell phone store robberies believed to be connected.

According to police, two men entered the store with what were later determined to be imitation handguns. They demanded money, cell phones and other electronic devices from the two employees at the store.

A third suspect, who was driving a vehicle, left the scene and drove around the block onto Lafayette Street, where he was apprehended without incident by Edison Police Detective Steve Todd, who made a motor vehicle stop.

Detective Sergeant Frank Todd, who was positioned to the rear of the T-Mobile store, apprehended a second suspect as the duo fled out the rear doors of the store on foot.

The remaining suspect ran towards the Margate Apartment Complex and out of sight. Additional Edison Police Units, Woodbridge Police, Metuchen Police, South Brunswick Police and the NJ State Police Helicopter all aided in the unsuccessful search.

The defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in court.

Connect with NJTODAY.NET

Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!
Email for advertising information Send stuff to NJTODAY.NET Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter Download this week's issue of NJTODAY.NET
Print Friendly, PDF & Email