STATE – Voters will head to the polls today to cast ballots for their state Legislators. In many communities, voters will also choose county and local officials.
In addition, there is a ballot question asking voters if they want to change New Jersey’s Constitution to permit legal sports betting at casinos and racetracks. If voters approve the amendment, it will not immediately permit sports betting. First, a federal ban on sports gambling in New Jersey would have to be overturned and then the state Legislature would have to pass legislation to allow it.
Polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.; voters should check the sample ballots they received in the mail or visit the New Jersey Division of Elections website if they are unsure of the location of their polling place.
Anyone who believe their right to vote has been interfered with, or who wishes to report other voting-related problems, should contact the state’s hotline at 1-877-NJVOTER.
- State Legislators Seek Re-Election On Nov. 8
- Republicans Try To End Democratic Dominance Of County Government
- Election 2011: Looking At The Local Races In Middlesex County
- Election 2011: Looking At The Local Races In Union County
- Attorney General Announces Election Day Safeguards
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!