TRENTON – The NJ Spotlight Roundtable Series will focus on Medicaid on Friday, Oct. 28. The 11:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. discussion will take place at the Trenton Masonic Temple. Lunch will be served, but seating is limited. Visit http://njsmedicaid1.eventbrite.com/ for more information.
How Will NJ’s Medicaid Waiver Affect Older Adults and People with Disabilities? New Jersey has applied for a federal comprehensive Medicaid waiver, which would allow the state to innovate and craft a program that best meets its needs. The specifics of the program, however, will determine whether the quality of care and safety of the population remains high as the state develops program efficiencies. Will independent and community living expand and improve for older adults and people with disabilities? How will access to home and community-based services be assured? What new approaches to long-term support services do health plans bring to the table?
Lee Keough, managing editor of NJ Spotlight, will talk with state leaders, LTC providers, and advocates for people with disabilities and the elderly about the future of New Jersey’s Medicaid program.
- Valerie Harr, Division of Medical Assistance and Health Services, NJ Department of Human Services
- State Sen. Joseph Vitale, vice chair of Health, Human Services and Senior Citizens Committee
- Michael Scarbrough, senior vice president, Amerigroup
- Dr. Michael Ogg, consumer, author of “Running Out of Time, Money, and Independence”
- Ken Wessel, executive director, HomeCare Options
- Marilyn Askin, chief legislative advocate, AARP-NJ
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!