ELIZABETH – Jersey Gardens, in conjunction with the Union County Division of Cultural & Heritage Affairs, will present the 12th annual Art in the Gardens, a celebration of National Arts and Humanities Month. The event is presented by Discover Jersey Arts. Performances take place Oct. 7-10, on the Center Court stage at the mall.
According to Marketing Director Crystal Stell, “Art in the Gardens was created to recognize the abundance of talented artists in New Jersey and includes performances from all sectors of the arts: music, dance, theater, cultural, and even kids’ arts activities. The diversity of the performers runs the gamut from pop/rock groups to Philippine dancers”.
The public venue also gives the artists a forum to promote their talents. Performances are free to the public.
All performances are held in the Center Court of the mall (see preliminary schedule below).
Friday, Oct. 7:
- 5-6 p.m. Jefferson Arts Academy Dance Dynamics
Saturday, Oct. 8:
- 11:30 a.m.-noon Jennifer Lynn School of Irish Dance
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. Kathleen McMahon Presents Belly Dance Inspirations
- 2-3 p.m. Yasko & Kokonuts
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. COMPAS
- 5-6 p.m. University of Philippines & Friends Rondala
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. Chinese American Music Ensemble (CAME)
Sunday, Oct. 9:
- 11 a.m.-noon Kathleen McMahon Presents Belly Dance Inspirations
- 12:30-1:30 p.m. Jill Cagney
- 2-3 p.m. Kenny Woods
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. Rahway Valley Jerseyaires Barbershop Chorus
- 5-6 p.m. Lauren Shub and Hal Hirsch Jazz
Monday, Oct. 10:
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. A’daila
Schedule subject to change; additional performances to be announced. Updates will be added to the schedule at www.jerseygardens.com.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!