CLARK – The township’s Health and Police departments have received reports of two fox sightings occurring over the weekend of Sept. 17-18 in the Valley Road / Rahway Park area.
Officials ask residents to comply with the following:
- Do not feed wild animals, stray cats and/or other outside animals as the food can attract the fox.
- Put garbage in tightly closed containers that cannot be tipped over.
- Remove outside sources of water, especially in dry climates.
- Bring pets in at night
- Put bird feeders away at night to avoid attracting rodents and other animals that foxes prey on.
- Provide secure enclosures for rabbits, poultry and other farm animals.
- Pick up and discard of fallen fruit from fruit trees, vegetables from gardens, etc.
- Monitor and supervise children when out doors at all times.
- Install motion detection lighting around the house
- Clear brush and dense weeds from around dwellings
Residents are encouraged to report fox sightings to the Clark Police Department non-emergency number at 1-732-388-3434.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!