NEWARK – The New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark has added a number of new shows to its 2011-12 season lineup.
- Multi-platinum rockers the Stone Temple Pilots will play on Saturday, Sept. 10, making their NJPAC debut. ($36.50-$76.50)
- On Oct. 22, NJPAC’s Nashville Hitmakers: The Stories Behind the Songs offers an evening with four of Nashville’s most successful songwriters, James Otto, Victoria Shaw, Chris Wallin and Rodney Clawson, the artists behind some of country music’s biggest contemporary hits, performing their songs in the round, discussing the creative process and sharing stories about their work. ($35)
- Grammy-winning Rock-and-Roll Hall of Fame inductee John Mellencamp, will make his NJPAC debut on Nov. 5 ($42.50-$125)
- “Living legend” and Oscar, Tony, Emmy and Grammy-winner Liza Minnelli will sing American standards and holiday-themed songs on Dec. 16. ($36-$122)
- Three of the leading female vocalists in the world, Angelique Kidjo, Dianne Reeves, and Lizz Wright, will pay a special Prudential Hall tribute to recently departed Miriam Makeba, Abbey Lincoln, and Odetta in Sing the Truth on Dec. 18. ($50-$90)
- One Man Lord of the Rings, Charles Ross’ comedic send-up of Tolkien’s epic that shoehorns 11 hours and 23 minutes of film into a mind-blowing, 65-minute performance in which Ross portrays 42 characters—as well as the theme music and sound effects – comes to NJPAC on June 2, 2012. ($25-$35)
Tickets for the 2011-12 season, available now, may be purchased by telephone at 1-888-GO-NJPAC (1-888-466-5722), at the NJPAC Box Office at One Center Street in downtown Newark (open Monday-Saturday, noon to 6 p.m., and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.), or online at www.njpac.org.
Connect with NJTODAY.NET
Join NJTODAY.NET's free Email List to receive occasional updates delivered right to your email address!